iPhone 4s strange Memory (Ram) management and lag issues

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 4s (6.1.3,bought used didn't restore it,cause didn't know if it is necessary and also didn't know how to,read below you will get my point)

and my device configuration goes as follows

Apps = 47 (,fb,viber,tango,messanger,soundcloud,espn cricinfo app,notes app from itunes,chrome,download manager,fileapp,Open office,Adobe reader,vlc,songza etc)

Benchmarking tool: Battery app from itunes store

Push notifications for:

Mail app: 2 accounts on push,1 on fetch (minutes)

Facebook messenger

Whatsapp

Espn Cricinfo app (live cricket score,though not so reliable push)

Tapatalk: 3 forums

Weather widget (lol :p)

First the GENERAL LAG: I get sort of "low-framerate" type of lag while scrolling lists in adobe reader,in settings aswell at times,and in other apps with long lists or rich

content,strangely no lag USually on safari,where it had to be,the only lag in safari is usually due to my weak connection where website is just loading and i tend to scroll down

Kindly help me with this it really frusterates me,I bought this idevice (my first any-smart device) just for its efficiceny and this drives me crazy,i

ditched android ONLY for this

NOW: the Memory management issues and the resultant lag in heavy tasking apps/safari while multitasking

When my device has no apps in switcher,whenever i check the memory status from battery app,it is above 50%...usually 50-68%...I don't know if this is normal or what,but fine

for me..but as i open music and say,notes and fb messenger/songza/ etc. or even a low memory app (whatsapp etc) and check the battery app,the memory usage is 85-94% and here the lag creeps up a bit if i type longer in notes etc,and sometimes if i open 8-9 apps,it works for few minutes ,and then phone resprings..

THe Strange bit is whenever i click free up memory,the memory usage goes back down to 74% or so..making everything quite slick

typing in open office is Impossible for the kind of lag i get,songza + open office = impossible...typing gets stuttering and all,don't know what to do..

as now i have jailbroken my device the memory issue crept up more,but i have deleted the apps and now it is less annoying (less than the tweaks applied,not the above mentioned frusterations :p)

Kindly help needed????

any solid suggestions? causes??? any more info you need i am ready to tell but i really want to make my device efficient,and want to use it jailbroken?

do i need a restore? if yes,then can i restore to the same firmware (6.1.3) (NOTE: i have jailbroken it)...even if no? then how do i restore?

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Do you close the apps that are running in the background?

while running what? what is the purpose of the device when i can't listen to songza while copying and formatting/editing from notes to open office (just an example)...as i said i rarely

open 8-9 apps,and I DONT THINK this problem has to occur even if i open 8-9 apps in which 5 are stock apps,cause ios takes a bit of a time to launch apps then which is annoying

a bit

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
We spoke earlier Kashan and I know your happy with your current iOS version you also stated you bought your 4s used and never restored it I believe that's your main issue

Try the iCleaner mentioned above if that doesn't clear up your issues I recommend you do an iCloud backup and restore to the current iOS 7.0.4 then you can restore from backup and re-jailbreak your device its really a simple process and you will not lose anything

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Since you are jailbroken try this tweak. It's called iCleaner Pro. This is the repo:Ivano Bilenchi's Cydia Repository . It gets rid of uneeded file space on the phone and could help speed it up.

We spoke earlier Kashan and I know your happy with your current iOS version you also stated you bought your 4s used and never restored it I believe that's your main issue

Try the iCleaner mentioned above if that doesn't clear up your issues I recommend you do an iCloud backup and restore to the current iOS 7.0.4 then you can restore from backup and re-jailbreak your device its really a simple process and you will not lose anything

Actually i tried did try icleaner,also deleted some of the unused languages and voice command languages to free-up space,but it didn't help idk why...guess i have to upgrade

then,hope it solves,kindly give me some hope :DD You know after posting many critical remarks (*frustrations),i still don't wanna lost this gem,it is awesome because ... i don't

know but it just works and it is good...

So here I am,going to upgrade it to 7.0 And I will not restore my backup just in case something faulty happens,happy to resettle my phone :)

just some quick questions

can I use iTunes restore method to upgrade to 7.0.4 (is it legit btw?) I have reasons for it because here we suffer from powerloss a lot,so maybe i can turn on my generator and upgrade from manually downloaded ipsw (no niggles)

Also

Would it wipe "everything from the device" ? and making it freshly-new ?

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
And I suddenly found out i can place reminders on lockscreen/NC both in ios 7... HURRAYYY xD finally,adds up to a key reason to upgrade...

Hope I don't get the lag on my device,hope hope hope

and this time i really want to use it in "iOS" way,suspending reminders,notes,messages,phone,other 3-4 apps in background all the time,literally all the time,this really helps...but don't know well,Hope that it works,or i would have to migrate to android :| :|

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It would wipe the device completely and update you to iOS 7.0.4 but I think you need internet to restore. I hope it all works out for you in the end.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes using iTunes is legal and until icloud it was the only way to update your OS

A clean install is your best bet and you will be pleasantly surprised with the results

Let us know how you make out 👍

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes using iTunes is legal and until icloud it was the only way to update your OS

A clean install is your best bet and you will be pleasantly surprised with the results

Let us know how you make out 

ahan :)

btw I had an experience few weeks ago as i have a "gevey sim",my device was locked down due to me wrongly entering the ID (T-mobile Code 2343091) and it said "your device is

not activated please activate" stuff like that,i had a wifi connected and as soon as i hit ok/activate,it activated and then i started to use my phone,IS IT THE one "signing apple" thing that you all talk about? if it is,then i passed it perfectly,means apple still signing 6.1.3 for iPhone 4s? ??

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Let us know how you make out 

so i am updating to 7.0.4 via a manually downloaded IPSW,is it fine?? (we have power losses so updating from "updating iphone" option is very much dangerous)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods