I traded my Galaxy S3 with someone yesterday for iphone 4 s Running ios7 after factory reset. person said said it's under 10 months old, it works great, but when it gets to 50% after 4 hours, the phone shuts off until I put it on a charger. I brought it to the apple store and they said the status of the battery is worn, what do I do

Apple said the battery is consumed
    Last edited by ILUMINATIUNDEAD; 01-09-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    bxnextel86 likes this.
    01-09-2014 06:51 PM
    It was given to you for free, Spring for the money and let Apple replace the battery while you wait. Then you will have no issues and it will work better with a new battery overall as well.
    Just_Me_D and iOS Gravity like this.
    01-09-2014 07:35 PM
    Well I don't want to pay 70 to replace the battery if it still works
    01-09-2014 08:11 PM
    Well I don't want to pay 70 to replace the battery if it still works
    Then your only other option is to put up with the phone shutting off after 4 hours.
    01-09-2014 08:47 PM
    Well there has to be another solution??
    01-09-2014 08:52 PM
    There is - spend the $70 to get the battery replaced or buy another phone.
    brout likes this.
    01-09-2014 09:04 PM
    wow I never knew iphones can suck that bad..
    01-09-2014 09:09 PM
    There are 2 options...

1. Replace the battery as was said before

2. Go back to Android where, apparently, there are no worries or cares in a problem free world.

Unbelievable....
    01-09-2014 09:15 PM
    yeah, unbelievable apple would charge you for something that is not your fault, the technology should be better and the policies.
    01-09-2014 09:48 PM
    yeah, unbelievable apple would charge you for something that is not your fault, the technology should be better and the policies.
    1. You stated that you traded your Galaxy s3 with "someone" for the iPhone 4S. In other words, you traded for a used device and did not buy it brand new. With most used devices, you accept it as-is or opt not to get it.
    2. You stated that the person told you it was under 10 months old. What was not stated was whether or not the person actually had the phone for under 10 months and whether or not the person got it brand new. The iPhone 4S was made available to the public in October 2011, by the way.
    3. Being that the person got rid of it, it is possible that he or she knew that the device's battery was defective. I'm sure you have no idea how the phone was used prior to you trading for it. I mean, I assume you have no idea whether or not the person jailbroke the phone, experimented with all sorts of apps & tweaks or whether or not he or she took the phone apart.
    4.Finally, "Buyer Beware" goes hand in hand with getting used products. No, it's not your fault that the battery is faulty, but it is your fault for not making sure the product you traded for was free of defects. You can blame Apple all you want, but you know where the real fault lies. Anyway, take care, and I hope things work out for you in regard to your phone.
    01-09-2014 10:06 PM
    I traded my Galaxy S3 with someone yesterday for iphone 4 s Running ios7 after factory reset. person said said it's under 10 months old, it works great, but when it gets to 50% after 4 hours, the phone shuts off until I put it on a charger. I brought it to the apple store and they said the status of the battery is worn, what do I do

Apple said the battery is consumed
    If it under 10 months then they should replace it under warranty.
    01-09-2014 10:58 PM
    What happens when your car battery dies? Does Chevy/Ford/Toyota stick a new one in there for free?

SMH.
    Just_Me_D, brout and iOS Gravity like this.
    01-09-2014 11:27 PM
    You can't really blame this on Apple. It's your fault that you just traded with knowing what you are getting. You should have asked more questions about the condition of the phone.
    01-11-2014 01:14 PM
    I love iOS and Android the same, but please tell me which manufacture gives you a free battery out of warranty?

First place you went wrong is trading your obviously good phone for a phone someone wanted to get rid of, more than likely for that same problem. Its a gamble you take any time you get a used phone. Heck, its like that if you buy a used ANYTHING. Whoever traded with you got one over on you; be pissed at them.

If Apple sucked so bad, why did you trade a S3 for a 4s?
    Just_Me_D and iOS Gravity like this.
    01-11-2014 01:53 PM