So here i am,belong to a 3rd world country,as i cannot afford 5c/5s/5 so buying a used auto gevey 4s running iOS version 6.1.3 quite cheap...I want to know is the 4s worth buying even in 2014? just tell me your most honest and rational opinion please? Should i opt for a moto G/Lumia etc or will the 4s will be fine?is it still in production? how much longer it is gonna supported?

yes we only have 2g gsm (3g soon to come),no i am not for the latest, and in my case,where the low budget is a hindrance,the latest is not the greatest,sure i am a bit confused about,getting a low end lumia like 520 and just fulfilling my needs (fb,browsing) but iphone's user experience and browsing and the "smart" side of the phone appeals me,

and the only greatest android in my budget i would say is the moto g which is available for $270 in pakistan but still no android comes close to it (not even xperia sp/xperia c does comes close but its chipset is mediocore,extremely low on performance as compared to moto g)

so here i list my options
    1. Apple iphone 4s
    2. Motorola Moto G
    3. a cheap lUMIA..

any further help would be greatly appreciated

by the way I sms and use facebook a lot and yes a unique bit i am(sort of want to become) a "utility apps/productivity apps user"....using dictionaries,ebooks,other misc. apps and stuff...Kindly tell me your honest and rational opinions
    01-08-2014 06:53 PM
    The 4S has 1 more year of life in it.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 07:15 PM
    The 4s is fine or pick up the Lumia.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 07:16 PM
    Since you say that you can't afford an iPhone 5,5C or 5S. I would go with the 4S. The 4S is a great device. I've had mine for just over a year and I love it. Good luck.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 07:31 PM

1 yr, really....
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:05 PM
    4S is still a strong and relevant device and for what you have; network wise, will be more than enough. GL
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:07 PM
    I would suggest the 4s. It's a proven and very good device.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:07 PM
    Do you have proof of this?
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:09 PM
    The iPhone 4S was released in October 2011. It is probably my favorite iPhone ever, even though I currently use an iPhone 5. Having said that, the 4S is in its third year and could pose a problem if you're a big time gamer. For them, the 4S may not have the power to play certain graphics intensive games without a little stutter here and there. Still, if you're just going to be doing a little web surfing, email, texting, FaceTiming, talking, playing a few simple games and doing some business-related stuff then yes, the iPhone 4S is still a good buy in 2014. Yet, I would strongly urge you to at least spring for the iPhone 5 or 5C, if at all possible.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:15 PM
    The iPhone 4S was released in October 2011. It is probably my favorite iPhone ever, even though I currently use an iPhone 5. Having said that, the 4S is in its third year and could pose a problem if you're a big time gamer. For them, the 4S may not have the power to play certain graphics intensive games without a little stutter here and there. Still, if you're just going to be doing a little web surfing, email, texting, FaceTiming, talking, playing a few simple games and doing some business-related stuff then yes, the iPhone 4S is still a good buy in 2014. Yet, I would strongly urge you to at least spring for the iPhone 5 or 5C, if at all possible.
    NAH M NOT A mobile gamer but yes some heavy browsing can be expected...btw what about the moto g?
    01-08-2014 08:24 PM
    NAH M NOT A mobile gamer but yes some heavy browsing can be expected...btw what about the moto g?
    I've never used the Moto G so I can't give an honest assessment of it.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:26 PM
    Do you have proof of this?
    It's not getting any updates after iOS 8. I don't think there is any other proof I can give.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:33 PM
    It's not getting any updates after iOS 8. I don't think there is any other proof I can give.
    This might be true. However, right now it's anybody's guess whether it will or will not get updates.
    01-08-2014 08:49 PM
    I just started using an iPhone 4S a week ago after losing my iPhone 4 which I loved and had no intention on replacing. So I would say go for the 4s. I don't think you will regret your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-08-2014 09:22 PM
    This might be true. However, right now it's anybody's guess whether it will or will not get updates.
    I say it might get iOS 9 cause of the GPU.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    iOS Gravity and Kashan Osama like this.
    01-08-2014 09:27 PM
    I love my 4s despise the dust under the screen best phone I've had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pr1nce and Kashan Osama like this.
    01-09-2014 02:30 AM
    I just got myself an Iphone4S and I had a 5 before but I must admit I really like this phone. So I would say go for an Ipone 4S!
    pr1nce and Kashan Osama like this.
    01-09-2014 02:36 AM
    I would have to agree that it is a high possibility that it may make it to ios9. I only say this because considering the original ipad mini which is now just over a year old should see a couple updates past ios 7 because of its age and the fact that iphone 4s runs on the same a5 processor and gpu. Again as stated it is up to apple but them releasing the ipad mini with the a5 may be a good thing for people who would still be using an iphone 4s for that long.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-09-2014 05:16 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. I think I also belong to the country in which you're living. (From Islamabad, PK)

I have used Lumia 920, Moto x and Moto g also. But tbh, nothing beats an iPhone and iPhone 4s is still really hot. Its the best deal in the best price with buttery smooth performance. I currently switched to Factory unlocked iPhone 5 yesterday and my previous device was also iPhone 4S.

I think that you should get the 4S. It has a really good built quality and everything seems perfect. Or else go for the iPhone 5 if your budget allows you to. Cheers!
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-09-2014 10:47 AM
    I haven't used an iPhone 4S, but my brother-in-law has one and he says it's amazing. In the UK it is stall available new.

From what a lot of folks on here have said, iPhone 4S seems a good bet. The only word of caution I would offer is that of upgrading to iOS7 and above (if it's supported beyond iOS7). Some I've heard have said the hardware struggles to cope with iOS7 and so consider whether to upgrade when the time comes...
    01-09-2014 11:51 AM
    The 4s is still a great phone and I agree with the comment that you would have the best experience if you didn't upgrade to iOS7 on it. So, if you can find one for an amazing price and can live without iOS7+ it may still be worth it.

Sent from a 5s
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-09-2014 11:58 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. I think I also belong to the country in which you're living. (From Islamabad, PK)

I have used Lumia 920, Moto x and Moto g also. But tbh, nothing beats an iPhone and iPhone 4s is still really hot. Its the best deal in the best price with buttery smooth performance. I currently switched to Factory unlocked iPhone 5 yesterday and my previous device was also iPhone 4S.

I think that you should get the 4S. It has a really good built quality and everything seems perfect. Or else go for the iPhone 5 if your budget allows you to. Cheers!
    I haven't used an iPhone 4S, but my brother-in-law has one and he says it's amazing. In the UK it is stall available new.

From what a lot of folks on here have said, iPhone 4S seems a good bet. The only word of caution I would offer is that of upgrading to iOS7 and above (if it's supported beyond iOS7). Some I've heard have said the hardware struggles to cope with iOS7 and so consider whether to upgrade when the time comes...
    The 4s is still a great phone and I agree with the comment that you would have the best experience if you didn't upgrade to iOS7 on it. So, if you can find one for an amazing price and can live without iOS7+ it may still be worth it.

Sent from a 5s

Thank you all,and haseeb bhai aswell ahan so it is a good deal still thank you very much actually what i've heard and seen in videos and from authentic sources that it is the iphone 4 which lags after ios 7 update,4s is buttery smooth well...
    01-09-2014 01:16 PM
    I haven't had any problems running iOS 7 on my 4S. Runs like it did on iOS 6. No lag or nothing. Good luck!
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-09-2014 01:46 PM
    I recently had a 4s which I gave to my father in law. It is a capable device and runs iOS 7 (on a dual core 800Mhz) pretty well. If previous Apple behaviour serves an example you can expect at least one more iOS update. It runs all current programs well. So if you prefer to get into the iOS ecosystem, the 4s will do just fine. The Moto G, though a great cheap phone, is a cheap phone, and so is the 520, both costing less than the 4s though. For what its worth, though older, the 4s was once a flagship. You get quality build, a good camera basically whats on the 5 and slightly lower spec than the 5s. You have iOS 7 in its totality except airdrop. Go for it.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-09-2014 02:43 PM
    I recently had a 4s which I gave to my father in law. It is a capable device and runs iOS 7 (on a dual core 800Mhz) pretty well. If previous Apple behaviour serves an example you can expect at least one more iOS update. It runs all current programs well. So if you prefer to get into the iOS ecosystem, the 4s will do just fine. The Moto G, though a great cheap phone, is a cheap phone, and so is the 520, both costing less than the 4s though. For what its worth, though older, the 4s was once a flagship. You get quality build, a good camera basically whats on the 5 and slightly lower spec than the 5s. You have iOS 7 in its totality except airdrop. Go for it.
    Thank you,Definitely going for it IN SHAA ALLAH

btw is there any swype type software for ios?
    01-09-2014 05:36 PM
65 123