Is iphone 4s worth buying in 2014 (early)

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
From previous experience the 4s should have about 1.5 more years of service before it is officially dropped. The last S device (3GS was updated for 4 years) currently was the longest lasting device to receive updates due to its internals. I'm predicting the 4S (approximately 4 years) will follow a similar pattern. Also, it's internals were not like the 4 where there was an enormous difference in power between it and the 4S (2x for CPU and 7x for GPU, compared to the 5 where it was only a 2x difference I. Both CPU and GPU). So apps will be fairest relevant for a while games are beginning to show its age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
4s man that phone is solid never had a glitch smooth as butter my only draw back was not getting a 32g any iphone is better then the latest android

Florin Nemes

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
You can buy the 4s. Its still working allmost flawlessly with ios7. I don't know how it will be when ios8 will come, but for now the 4s still rullz. I am very satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Big draw of Moto G is that it is cheap and good for being off contract. In the US agreeing to a 2 year contract lets you subsidize the price of a super expensive phone. Many don't want contracts and the G offers a great compromise between price and features. The G is less appealing IMO if you aren't buying it for this reason.

The iPhone 4S's build quality will be unmatched by anything in its price range (including other former flagships) and iOS in general is more stable which can do a better job of hiding older hardware. If you want to run iOS then it is still a solid choice.

Sent from my iPod Touch (5th Gen) using Tapatalk

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all people thanks so much this community is very helpful to me...mods can close the thread

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Thumbs

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was a a NFL playoff party yesterday and there was 17 people there, 15 iPhones ( twelve 4s, two 5s and one 5) and two Androids. The iPhone4s is still a very GOOD device. Yes I was being inquisitive and checking out everyone's device....SMILE

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I was a a NFL playoff party yesterday and there was 17 people there, 15 iPhones ( twelve 4s, two 5s and one 5) and two Androids. The iPhone4s is still a very GOOD device. Yes I was being inquisitive and checking out everyone's device....SMILE

The iPhone 4S looks good. :)

Thanku both fellas..i have bought 4s,though few EXTREMELY PAINFULLY annoying niggles here and there,can be solved with a jailbreak ,but overall a much better device..infect i was not all for looks and feel part of the phone nor exceptional build quality,might not even be able to buy a solid smartphone ever..or if i might,it would not base on quality looks and feel BUT still iPhone's feel is a bit of a stunner to my views,yes it is slippery it is smug prone (my hands sweat alot) and dust prone but it feels awesome i don't know why,some inward aesthetic associated with it..or maybe just it is my first smartphone

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Talking about the niggles,the silly home button for back,closing apps is horrendously annoying...No unified manager app even downloaded management apps are not unified,no unified syncing due to no unified management...videos has different videos than vlc because of separate sync,not the universality so that the vlc videos are present. On videos app as well or the vice versa...really painful....and no syncing to file manager apps doesn't feel good,i paid for functionality and no for turnarounds....Cannot copy a specific part of text from the text bubbles :| now that really gave me fits of anger,a simple flinging and extremely useful function not being there,no instant reply,why taking of action is necessary with popup alert,there must be an option to sideline the pop and then comeback to it like a true multitask.having bar notification is something completely different as they fade away automatically...the os is by no means mature as people told me,apple hasn't caught up with the app maturity that iOS APPS have ,for its own iOS,...shame on them for that...it is not about jb its about out of the box product as i said i didn't pay for turnarounds....no download managers..and some other things that slipped outta my mind..o yes,No cancel button to cancel the sending msg,are u flinging kidding me..2nd on my fits of anger list....

D

Deleted member 353187

Just got the 4s for free. Everything is updated and running iOS 7 it's brilliant. Never thought I would have an iPhone as I love blackberry 10 but the android app support is taking to long. I have both phones and the 4s and z10 are very comparable.

I'd rate the z10 slightly better if you exclude the app situation. One thing I hate about iOS is the keyboard and no Hub.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got the 4s for free. Everything is updated and running iOS 7 it's brilliant. Never thought I would have an iPhone as I love blackberry 10 but the android app support is taking to long. I have both phones and the 4s and z10 are very comparable.

I'd rate the z10 slightly better if you exclude the app situation. One thing I hate about iOS is the keyboard and no Hub.

Comparing a 4s is not a true comparison but is still a functional phone

D

Deleted member 353187

Comparing a 4s is not a true comparison but is still a functional phone

My iPod touch 4th gen ain't functional it's so slow and laggy it has half the memory of the 4s and also I got it repaired and a new loudspeaker had to be soldered which I dunno would affect performance.

The 4s performs really well with apps like vine that the iPod can't. And my Z10 struggles with it as we'll with our native vine client called whine and it has twice the memory of the 4s

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My iPod touch 4th gen ain't functional it's so slow and laggy it has half the memory of the 4s and also I got it repaired and a new loudspeaker had to be soldered which I dunno would affect performance.

The 4s performs really well with apps like vine that the iPod can't. And my Z10 struggles with it as we'll with our native vine client called whine and it has twice the memory of the 4s

Its just that iOS is more efficient.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to iMore and Congrats on your new 4s. I also have a Z10 and to be honest I like my 5s better, but the Z10's hub and keypad is second to none. I rate the 5s slightly higher because of everything else it can do...IMHO......ENJOY

D

Deleted member 353187

Welcome to iMore and Congrats on your new 4s. I also have a Z10 and to be honest I like my 5s better, but the Z10's hub and keypad is second to none. I rate the 5s slightly higher because of everything else it can do...IMHO......ENJOY

I'm waiting for what 10.2.1 can do which should be released this month.

They need 10.3 to integrate the BBM emotions with emojis. People actually like BBM and they should use its features cross platform. Obviously only blackberry devices can see the BBM version though