Is iphone 4s worth buying in 2014 (early)

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
The 4s is still a great phone and I agree with the comment that you would have the best experience if you didn't upgrade to iOS7 on it. So, if you can find one for an amazing price and can live without iOS7+ it may still be worth it.

Sent from a 5s

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. I think I also belong to the country in which you're living. (From Islamabad, PK)

I have used Lumia 920, Moto x and Moto g also. But tbh, nothing beats an iPhone and iPhone 4s is still really hot. Its the best deal in the best price with buttery smooth performance. I currently switched to Factory unlocked iPhone 5 yesterday and my previous device was also iPhone 4S.

I think that you should get the 4S. It has a really good built quality and everything seems perfect. Or else go for the iPhone 5 if your budget allows you to. :) Cheers!

I haven't used an iPhone 4S, but my brother-in-law has one and he says it's amazing. In the UK it is stall available new.

From what a lot of folks on here have said, iPhone 4S seems a good bet. The only word of caution I would offer is that of upgrading to iOS7 and above (if it's supported beyond iOS7). Some I've heard have said the hardware struggles to cope with iOS7 and so consider whether to upgrade when the time comes...

The 4s is still a great phone and I agree with the comment that you would have the best experience if you didn't upgrade to iOS7 on it. So, if you can find one for an amazing price and can live without iOS7+ it may still be worth it.

Sent from a 5s

Thank you all,and haseeb bhai aswell :) ahan so it is a good deal still :) thank you very much :) :) actually what i've heard and seen in videos and from authentic sources that it is the iphone 4 which lags after ios 7 update,4s is buttery smooth well...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any problems running iOS 7 on my 4S. Runs like it did on iOS 6. No lag or nothing. Good luck! :)

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I recently had a 4s which I gave to my father in law. It is a capable device and runs iOS 7 (on a dual core 800Mhz) pretty well. If previous Apple behaviour serves an example you can expect at least one more iOS update. It runs all current programs well. So if you prefer to get into the iOS ecosystem, the 4s will do just fine. The Moto G, though a great cheap phone, is a cheap phone, and so is the 520, both costing less than the 4s though. For what it?s worth, though older, the 4s was once a flagship. You get quality build, a good camera basically what?s on the 5 and slightly lower spec than the 5s. You have iOS 7 in its totality except airdrop. Go for it.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I recently had a 4s which I gave to my father in law. It is a capable device and runs iOS 7 (on a dual core 800Mhz) pretty well. If previous Apple behaviour serves an example you can expect at least one more iOS update. It runs all current programs well. So if you prefer to get into the iOS ecosystem, the 4s will do just fine. The Moto G, though a great cheap phone, is a cheap phone, and so is the 520, both costing less than the 4s though. For what it?s worth, though older, the 4s was once a flagship. You get quality build, a good camera basically what?s on the 5 and slightly lower spec than the 5s. You have iOS 7 in its totality except airdrop. Go for it.
Thank you,Definitely going for it IN SHAA ALLAH

btw is there any swype type software for ios?

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I've used an iPhone 4S and its great, but to your question, get it, in my opinion, iPhone 4S is a lot easier to use than the other two phones you've listed. I know because I brought them used them for monuth couldn't get my head aroud them so I gave/sold (sold one and gave one to my friend) them and brought an iPhone 4S in that time.
For a fact, iPhone 4S is just a beta version to the iPhone 5 like the iPhone 3GS was for the iPhone 4 . :) :yes:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why you should get a 4S when you can get a 5C..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

dashauns

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
So here i am,belong to a 3rd world country,as i cannot afford 5c/5s/5 so buying a used auto gevey 4s running iOS version 6.1.3 quite cheap...I want to know is the 4s worth buying even in 2014? just tell me your most honest and rational opinion please? Should i opt for a moto G/Lumia etc or will the 4s will be fine?is it still in production? how much longer it is gonna supported?

yes we only have 2g gsm (3g soon to come),no i am not for the latest, and in my case,where the low budget is a hindrance,the latest is not the greatest,sure i am a bit confused about,getting a low end lumia like 520 and just fulfilling my needs (fb,browsing) but iphone's user experience and browsing and the "smart" side of the phone appeals me,

and the only greatest android in my budget i would say is the moto g which is available for $270 in pakistan but still no android comes close to it (not even xperia sp/xperia c does comes close but its chipset is mediocore,extremely low on performance as compared to moto g)

so here i list my options
1. Apple iphone 4s
2. Motorola Moto G
3. a cheap lUMIA..

any further help would be greatly appreciated

by the way I sms and use facebook a lot and yes a unique bit i am(sort of want to become) a "utility apps/productivity apps user"....using dictionaries,ebooks,other misc. apps and stuff...Kindly tell me your honest and rational opinions

I would have to say though I cant really fully recommend the 4s over the moto G unless you really cant live without apples apps or ecosystem. On an ios based forum most members are going to tell you to get the iphone because that is what they use. My personal opinion would be the Moto G. I currently have an iphone 5, iphone 4s, ipad 2, moto x, nexus 5, lumia and moto G. The moto G is incredibly fast for the price not really that much perceptibly slower than the nexus 5. Also the Moto is capable of hspa+21 while the 4s caps at hspa+14. Also the 4s can only be bought preowned it isnt made anymore so vhances are you get no warranty. And if you go for a gevey sim unlocked iphone software updates arent promised as an update may break the unlock, factory unlocks stay no matter what. I think my opinion is less biased (no offense to anyone else) and think the moto x would be the better for you.

edit: It seems you can still buy new 4s phones. Thanks Karenkcoulter :)

Last edited:

dashauns

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 4S is a great phone, if that's what you want grab it .

Also not trying to overstep any boundaries or tell the buyer what to do. Just trying to provide info, an honest opinion, and ultimately let him decide. I dont want any retaliation for saying I think an android phone "might" be better for this particular instance lol.

t3ddie

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It's still available in the apple store

Then I retract my previous statement regarding the matter, thanks for clarifying but I only see it on a few carriers, no longer available from apple and I looked on sellers of international phones like expansys

dashauns

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
It's still available in the apple store
Ah i see but they only have the 8gb on the USA website. And the op is posting from overseas, it seems pakistan, so to get it he would probably have to go through local carriers or a third party. Thanks t3ddie for the add, I edited my previous post.

AmandaKess22

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 4S was released in October 2011. It is probably my favorite iPhone ever, even though I currently use an iPhone 5. Having said that, the 4S is in its third year and could pose a problem if you're a big time gamer. For them, the 4S may not have the power to play certain graphics intensive games without a little stutter here and there. Still, if you're just going to be doing a little web surfing, email, texting, FaceTiming, talking, playing a few simple games and doing some business-related stuff then yes, the iPhone 4S is still a good buy in 2014. Yet, I would strongly urge you to at least spring for the iPhone 5 or 5C, if at all possible.

I think this is the best answer. If you don't care about games or really intensive programs the 4s should easily meet your needs.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I think this is the best answer. If you don't care about games or really intensive programs the 4s should easily meet your needs.

What's more even if games were to be considered, the 4s would handle them better than the other two phones Moto G or Lumia 520.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
There are 2 4s still in-use in my house, both of them work flawlessly. Maybe by later this year you'll be able to upgrade to a newer model.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh