Is iphone 4s worth buying in 2014 (early)

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So here i am,belong to a 3rd world country,as i cannot afford 5c/5s/5 so buying a used auto gevey 4s running iOS version 6.1.3 quite cheap...I want to know is the 4s worth buying even in 2014? just tell me your most honest and rational opinion please? Should i opt for a moto G/Lumia etc or will the 4s will be fine?is it still in production? how much longer it is gonna supported?

yes we only have 2g gsm (3g soon to come),no i am not for the latest, and in my case,where the low budget is a hindrance,the latest is not the greatest,sure i am a bit confused about,getting a low end lumia like 520 and just fulfilling my needs (fb,browsing) but iphone's user experience and browsing and the "smart" side of the phone appeals me,

and the only greatest android in my budget i would say is the moto g which is available for $270 in pakistan but still no android comes close to it (not even xperia sp/xperia c does comes close but its chipset is mediocore,extremely low on performance as compared to moto g)

so here i list my options
1. Apple iphone 4s
2. Motorola Moto G
3. a cheap lUMIA..

any further help would be greatly appreciated

by the way I sms and use facebook a lot and yes a unique bit i am(sort of want to become) a "utility apps/productivity apps user"....using dictionaries,ebooks,other misc. apps and stuff...Kindly tell me your honest and rational opinions

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Since you say that you can't afford an iPhone 5,5C or 5S. I would go with the 4S. The 4S is a great device. I've had mine for just over a year and I love it. Good luck. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 4S was released in October 2011. It is probably my favorite iPhone ever, even though I currently use an iPhone 5. Having said that, the 4S is in its third year and could pose a problem if you're a big time gamer. For them, the 4S may not have the power to play certain graphics intensive games without a little stutter here and there. Still, if you're just going to be doing a little web surfing, email, texting, FaceTiming, talking, playing a few simple games and doing some business-related stuff then yes, the iPhone 4S is still a good buy in 2014. Yet, I would strongly urge you to at least spring for the iPhone 5 or 5C, if at all possible.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 4S was released in October 2011. It is probably my favorite iPhone ever, even though I currently use an iPhone 5. Having said that, the 4S is in its third year and could pose a problem if you're a big time gamer. For them, the 4S may not have the power to play certain graphics intensive games without a little stutter here and there. Still, if you're just going to be doing a little web surfing, email, texting, FaceTiming, talking, playing a few simple games and doing some business-related stuff then yes, the iPhone 4S is still a good buy in 2014. Yet, I would strongly urge you to at least spring for the iPhone 5 or 5C, if at all possible.

NAH M NOT A mobile gamer but yes some heavy browsing can be expected...btw what about the moto g?

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I just started using an iPhone 4S a week ago after losing my iPhone 4 which I loved and had no intention on replacing. So I would say go for the 4s. I don't think you will regret your decision. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t3ddie

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got myself an Iphone4S and I had a 5 before but I must admit I really like this phone. So I would say go for an Ipone 4S!

dashauns

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I would have to agree that it is a high possibility that it may make it to ios9. I only say this because considering the original ipad mini which is now just over a year old should see a couple updates past ios 7 because of its age and the fact that iphone 4s runs on the same a5 processor and gpu. Again as stated it is up to apple but them releasing the ipad mini with the a5 may be a good thing for people who would still be using an iphone 4s for that long.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. I think I also belong to the country in which you're living. (From Islamabad, PK)

I have used Lumia 920, Moto x and Moto g also. But tbh, nothing beats an iPhone and iPhone 4s is still really hot. Its the best deal in the best price with buttery smooth performance. I currently switched to Factory unlocked iPhone 5 yesterday and my previous device was also iPhone 4S.

I think that you should get the 4S. It has a really good built quality and everything seems perfect. Or else go for the iPhone 5 if your budget allows you to. :) Cheers!

George Jenkinson

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used an iPhone 4S, but my brother-in-law has one and he says it's amazing. In the UK it is stall available new.

From what a lot of folks on here have said, iPhone 4S seems a good bet. The only word of caution I would offer is that of upgrading to iOS7 and above (if it's supported beyond iOS7). Some I've heard have said the hardware struggles to cope with iOS7 and so consider whether to upgrade when the time comes...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR