iPhone 4S stuck in "restore loop"

arojay

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with my iPhone 4S. It is an AT&T iPhone which was unlocked an jail broken for tmobile a while ago. The problem is that a few days ago I change the battery on it and when put everything back the service on my phone was "searching" (even when I took the sim out) so I've decided to restore the phone. When I plugged it to iTunes the phone was restoring, however the USB cable got disconnected and the restore got interrupted..on my second attempt iTunes could not finish the update and restore and kept giving me error -1. I've tried several things including tiny umbrella but no luck. The phone is running on iOS 6. Something (dont remember exactly) I've been told that it probably got stuck on a "restore loop". I've noticed many such problems online however none of the resolutions seem to help. Any way to fix that issue? I would really appreciate it
Thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First of all, retrace your steps in regard to the battery. You said you replaced it and put it back together. Make sure you did everything correctly. After that, put the device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and select restore when iTunes recognizes it. You will lose your jailbreak, but you should have a working device.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Your only option now is to let the battery completely die. Then plug iPhone into computer and it should recognize an iPhone in recovery mode and restore as new. You'll be on iOS 7 and no jailbreak. Depending on how the device was unlocked, you may have lost that too. Sorry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2