For me, I wouldn't consider buying an iphone4s at this juncture, not when for a little more, I get a substantially better 5s which is also assured of more upgrades. Much less be locked into it for 2 years.

For one, 8gb is woefully inadequate for my needs.

That said, if I were given a 4s to use (say handed down by a parent who upgrades), I would be pretty contended using it, in that it still lets me access most of the features accessible to IOS.

For one, I find that IOS7 still runs quite smoothly on my 4s (which I am still hanging on to even after upgrading to a 5s, I just can't bear to sell it). Its dual-core processor allows it to multitask and handle graphics fairly well, it sports Siri (which Apple is starting to really put an emphasis on - it's pretty accurate these days, and I find myself using it more and more). It still has a 8mp camera. I still get the full library of IOS apps, and most will run smoothly on it. Plus all the goodies of the Apple ecosystem, like 3g FaceTime, turn by turn for maps etc.

I lose 4g, apps will load a tad slower, but nothing I can't live without. In that context, yes, the 4s is still a pretty solid smartphone even by today's standards, but I wouldn't spend my money on one.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    11-26-2013 05:33 AM
    It's quite cheap and easy to change the battery, I did I myself in a iPhone 4.
    abidan2000 likes this.
    11-26-2013 05:44 AM
    Has anyone used a otterbox defender case or this phon I have one but past. Phones otterbox ha a habit of scartching my phones bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-26-2013 06:16 AM
    Personally, I couldn't use the 4S by today's smartphone standards, the main reason being no 4G LTE connectivity. Pretty much everywhere around here has great 4G LTE, and it's kind of hard to go back once you've experienced it.

For the simple user, the non power user, the grandma who hates technology, or the kid who wants a phone, I'd say this is a good phone for them. I think it's safe to say it'll get iOS8, so that should give it another year of relevance. So, by all means, if you fall into one of those categories and can't afford a 5C, go for it!

11-26-2013 08:34 AM
    I have had several people stop me on the street to sat that phone is the best size, referring to my iPhone 4. It's a little laggy but it gets the job done.
    abidan2000 likes this.
    11-26-2013 09:09 AM
    My daughter Ioves hers. She actually chose the 4s over the 5c that I was going to get her.

Fit24 likes this.
    11-26-2013 10:41 AM
    I've never had any problem with mine
    11-26-2013 03:21 PM
    still "Love my 4S" but battery drain faster since iOS7
    11-26-2013 10:33 PM
    still "Love my 4S" but battery drain faster since iOS7
    My Battery life is better on iOS 7.0.4.
    abidan2000 likes this.
    11-26-2013 11:49 PM
    I like mine , on virgin mobile prepaid, but had to recently drop the phone service since now have son in college. but still use it as an Ipod touch , check emails , viggle and with pinger app can still make calls. if I stop using viggle I may end up selling it , but still give it a thumbs up as a good phone.
    abidan2000 likes this.
    12-31-2013 07:39 PM
    It is a very good phone and if you have the latest OS 7 installed on it, It is that much better. Take care of it and it will hold up for you.
    abidan2000 likes this.
    01-01-2014 04:58 PM
    I love it only thing is there are two pieces of dust under the screen!!!

01-01-2014 05:23 PM
    I've had my 4S since May 2012 and it won't be paid off so I can upgrade until around 2016-17 do you think it will last that long?
    01-08-2014 06:58 PM
    I would say YES, the 4s is still a good iphone. I know several people with them and you couldn't pry it from their hands with a jack hammer....SMILE
    abidan2000 likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:10 PM
    Yes. iPhone 4Steve.

iHarika iPhone'umdan gnderildi
    01-11-2014 01:34 AM
    Definitely - one of the best phones ever made. Great design, excellent camera, excellent sound, great build quality, fast and smooth with iOS7.

I find iOS 7 to be very stable, responsive, user friendly and great looking.

When I purchased my 4s it was Apple's flagship phone at the time and was available in 16, 32 and 64GB and shipped with iOS6. I use it with iOS 7 now. The performance is about the same which is excellent. Since I upgraded to the 5s last month, the 4s is part of my home stereo system and is only used for music which it does very well.

The 8mp camera uses high quality hardware and can even reveal more detail than some higher resolution camera phones I have tested. Focus is bang on even in the corners of the image and the color is in uniform in both the center and edges of photos. A lot of phones to date that claim to have good cameras still have trouble with this. Some people have complained that the camera does not have a lot of user configurable options such as manual exposure and manual white balance and I agree, it doesn't. However, unlike most phones I have used, I rarely found myself needing to make these adjustments with the 4s.

The internal speaker is very clear and although not the loudest on the market, it's well above acceptable.

Sound on the headphone jack is, in my opinion, better than any other phone I have tested except the iPhone 5s and HTC One M8. Response if very flat (flatter the better) and will drive almost any pair of headphones to tectonic levels with minimal distortion.

There is also Bluetooth 4 (huge upgrade from previous versions) and Wi-Fi b/g/n.

If I had to find something about the 4s I didn't like, I'd have to say the glass back and the absence of LTE. But this is really being picky.

Also worth noting Apple only makes them in 8GB now to promote sales of their new flagship models (5s, 5c). There are still plenty of larger capacity versions for sale second hand.
    Akuba likes this.
    07-09-2014 03:13 PM
66 123