Is the 4S still a good phone?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the 4s is a horrible phone, Apples biggest mistake, and I wouldn't show my face in public if I had one ... wait ... I don't show my face anyhow ... umm never mind.
(sorry. I saw a yes trend forming, and didn't wan't to jump on the band wagon.) ;)

morrisbuttermaker

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the 4S and agree that it is a good phone. I love mine. My only concern with getting it now, is how will it run ios 8 ? The bugs have been worked out on a couple glitches I initially had after loading ios 7, but I'm not sure another update will be handled well by the 4S.

jphillips10

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it is still a decent phone. Just made the jump yesterday and bought two 64gb 4s' for my wife and I. We needed the space so newer versions were too much $$$. It is 2 years old but I think it will get at the least one more major iOS update. With 4s' and iPad 2's still being sold new I think Apple has to give support awhile after selling them new.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I am still using the 4s, bought it outright and can renew contract for another phone since, but after 3 years my 4s functions perfectly like day 1.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I was supposed to be getting an iPhone 5 at the end of last month, but after my carrier was unable to deliver the order in a timely manner, I went into my local store and got the 4S instead, also saved myself some money a month and they also upgraded my Sim Only Contract so I didn't have to change my number or mess around cancelling my Sim Only Contract and think it's still a decent phone despite it's age and It'll definitely see me through until my Contract is due for renewal in 2015.

Roland

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
To be totally honest my 4s was enough for me until I made the mistake of loading 7 onto it. Everything seemed to hang after then even the new fancy Facebook app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have no performance issues with iOS7 on my 4s. I think those that do aren?t in the majority. I am currently updating to 7.0.4. That said, I think the 4s will get iOS8 and it will be it?s last and it will be limited in features, if we follow Apple?s update pattern since the 3GS. It got iOS7 almost entirely save for AirDrop and it works perfectly. In specs it is not terribly different to the 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73