Is anyone else having issues with the native camera app crashing on their 4s?
    10-11-2013 12:59 PM
    I have 4 users on iOS 7 with 4S and none have this issue.

Have you wiped the device and setup as new?
    10-11-2013 01:16 PM
    3 out of the 4 in our house on iOS7, no issues with the native camera.

Perhaps try a reboot - hold down sleep-on-off button and the home button TOGETHER at the same time, when you see the white apple logo let go and your phone will start back up. (ignore the 'slide to power off' prompt while holding those buttons down) if that doesn't clear it then I would do what John suggests with a clean install.
    Mark Stevens3 likes this.
    10-11-2013 02:54 PM
    Force shut down the app and then reopen it. That's what I do when any of my apps (Safari, Camera, weather) keep crashing.

From the home screen, double tap the home button quickly. A list of icons will appear. Hold down the icon you want to close until they start jiggling then tap the red and white icon and then reopen the app.
    10-11-2013 03:15 PM
    I'm not having any issues with the camera app on my 4S. Try the reboot as mentioned above.
    10-11-2013 05:01 PM
    I have this issue, as well. Re-starting the iPhone stops the crashes, and unloading all the apps (including native camera app) does NOT. Plenty of memory available, issue just started when I upgraded my 4S to iOS7. I have the 7.01 update.
    10-18-2013 01:50 PM
    yep crashes all the time.
    10-20-2013 06:05 AM
    Yes -- this is happening to me everyday since iOS7 update.
    10-21-2013 11:07 PM
    Same here, 1 in 5 times crashes back to the homescreen. I can just re-open it fine but still... shouldnt doo this
    10-22-2013 09:21 AM
    Try updating to 7.0.3, as there are bug fixes in that update that might solve the issue.

Roland
    10-28-2013 12:34 PM
    still crashes for me.. 7.03

mostly when going to the camera from the lock screen.
    11-07-2013 09:24 AM
    No issues at all here
    11-07-2013 09:40 AM
    Crashing all the time getting worse, will try reboot and report back... seems to have worked for the mean time, will report back if it goes back to crashing
    12-24-2013 12:30 PM
    THX. this worked for me.
    12-26-2013 11:05 AM
    I upgraded to IOS7 when I got my new iphone 4s and i HATE what it has done to the camera. Besides the constant crashing, the pictures come out horrible!!!! I saved my iphone 4 as a backup phone when I got the 4S and have not upgraded it... big difference in quality of pictures. I wish I had never upgraded.. there is not one feature that has improved things enough to make up for the complete camera disappointment.
    01-04-2014 06:19 AM
    7.04 still crashes for me. Steps are. open any text (iMessage) on my 4S. click camera, select take a picture. It takes the picture and when I select to use the newly taken photo, it pauses for a second or two and wammo... camera and text app close. Text message doesn't have the text I typed, the photo I took either. I check the photo gallery and it is not there either. This never happened per iOS 7. Ug... fix it. And yes, reboots and closing apps don't fix it.
    01-21-2014 01:27 PM
    Guys, understand that the iPhone 4S has a weaker processor than anything iPhone 5 and above. Apple was kind enough to let us 4 and 4S owners enjoy iOS 7, but at a performance cost.

My safari crashes when I close tabs
    Keyboard slow
    Music quits suddenly when camera app is used at the same time
    Unable to reliably take a picture while sending a text message/Viber/LINE message without the app crashing suddenly

The bad part is, I hear there's no way to downgrade to ios 6 (?)
    01-21-2014 11:35 PM
    I upgraded my iPhone to 4S in March and began having camera problems straightaway. I finally decided I was tired of having to get out of the camera and back in again to get it to work. It froze often which is a big deal if you are trying to catch a once-in-a-lifetime photo op of a two-year-old grandchild singing "Let it Go" at the top of her lungs. I did the factory reset, all the things that have already been suggested, and finally went to the Verizon store. They did the same things I had already done. I spent two hours at the mall waiting for my phone to be updated, reinstalled, etc. The camera worked at the store but on the way home it started doing the same things. So I contacted Verizon online and they ended up replacing the phone. The new phone was defective and the sound didn't work. I had to go back to the Verizon store again and they agreed it just needed to be replaced. So I got ANOTHER phone and the camera is worse than the one on the first 4S. I have done the resets again but still have the same problems with it. I agree with another statement that "I wish I had never updated to 7." I'm getting ready to call Verizon again. And I should mention that I LOVE Verizon customer service! It's not their fault the phone is defective. I've had Verizon for my cell phone service for many years and stick with them because I get the best service available.
    07-19-2014 04:27 PM
    you have it lucky my iphone 4s completely shuts itself off and on again when i click on snapchat or messenger.......Idk what to do anymore
    09-22-2014 04:40 AM