iOS 7 and battery life

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Curious. Do you have enabled "Wi-Fi Networking" in settings? It's located in settings -> privacy -> system services. How does this affects battery? Can I disable this?

Sent from my iPhone 4s, iOS 7.0

busphil

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
my iPhone 4S shows 2 hrs usage after charging and yet only 10% left now and the device gets hot to the touch
as if 3G is on but it's not....

trinka

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
You're not alone. It's been a crazy mess. I used to be able to wake up using my phone starting at 5am and not need to charge it until I went to bed later that night - like around 11 or so. And that was with constant use and never closing out applications AND with my young daughter playing with it all the time. So I filtered through all of the suggestions online, followed every instruction on how to reserve more battery life, and it's a little bit better, but still - I haven't used it at all today, it's just sitting here and is already drained down to 45% after only 8 hours - UNTOUCHED. I read somewhere about needing to do a "reset NOT from network", but I'll need to look that one up again and try it before I have to physically go into a store for assistance. By far, undoubtedly, the most useless and counterproductive update of any update ever in the history of updates. Just wanted to let you know, it's not just you, and it's not just a feeling that you're losing battery life faster, you actually are.

canuck82

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I found that iOS 7 fried my battery. Make a long story short. Ever since I updated to iOS 7 my battery was worse. Called apple and the did a battery diagnostics and said they'll give me a replacement seeing as I was still under my one year warranty. Try that maybe.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have no complaints about battery life. It has gotten better for me actually. This usage reflects iTunes Radio, iMessage/text, emails, reminders, ph calls, iMore forum, and looking through a couple of wp apps. I think I covered it all....mostly wifi- just a bit of 3 G.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1381070356.013983.jpg

🎀Sent from my pink-a-licious 4S🎀

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I followed instructions I found in this website long before there was a thread about the problem, I removed ALL the bells and whisles I don't need with iOS 7, restarted the phone, and I have been fine since 2 days after the upgrade.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I belive this is about 4s and not ipod here right ?
Anyway , since 2 times battery calibration now i am much saticfied w my battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iMore Forums mobile app

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My son has been complaining about the decreased battery life with his 4S after he downloaded the iOS 7 update as well. He just did it not that long ago, therefore I think it might get better over time.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I know for a fact that the iPhone 4S didn't have good battery life over 3G to begin with so my guess is something might be using 3G in the background more than what you think. I had iOS 7 beta 5 & 6 and 3G battery life wasn't that great, but it did improve with the GM release. Overall the battery life on the 4S using 3G is still not that great and has been that way since iOS 5.0

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
As a final report, the battery life seems to have improved as i've worked out the settings that seem to give the best results. I'm also thinking that I must have had a rogue app or two, constantly pulling down data and battery life. I wake up at 6:30 and go to bed around 10:30, and by the time I go to bed, I usually have 35% or so of battery left. Not horrible, certainly much better than the old Android phone I replaced with the 4S. About on-par with the battery life I would get on iOS 6.

Thank you, everyone, for commenting. :)

idrisinan

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
y4ydase5.jpg

iHarika iPhone'umdan g?nderildi

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member