4s Users? Liking iOS 7?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I am still on the fence about updating and wanted to start a thread for 4s users using iOS 7 and hear your personal thoughts if you like 7 over 6 and for what reasons.

I personally like 6, but test drove 7 for about 2 weeks. That test made me like 6 more. I like the UI of 6 better, but wanting some features of 7. Now that I have heard you cannot downgrade even with BLOBS saved, it puts me more on the fence of upgrading.

Please post your thoughts, opinions, and whether you made the right decision to upgrade to 7. And I know it's a personal choice that suites each user personally, but I would still like to hear it!

Thanks, it will help greatly!

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have read most of that thread, but it addresses issues and other items. I am looking for users preferring 7 to 6, not just issues with 7 on the 4s. Thanks though!

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i would never go back. sure there are a few things a dont like (the dock... cant change the color, notification center weather is ... well.. stupid..) but overall i love it. It feels like i have a new phone without paying 199 lol

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Those were some non favorite items of mine as well. Valid point on having a new phone for no money. I'm sure I will upgrade in the future.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4 and I'm really enjoying it. Liked 6, then jailbroke and had all kinds of fun tweaks...but my faves are now part of ios7 (control center, notif center in lock screen...) and it's really slick looking. Still surprised that I ditched jailbreak for it but I wouldn't go back!! ;)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts:

I prefer stock iOS 7 over stock iOS 6 on the 4S but jailbroken iOS 6 is equal to stock iOS 7 for me on my 4S. iOS 7 is smooth on my 4S, I restored as new to the iOS 7 GM and had zero problems so far.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a 4 and I'm really enjoying it. Liked 6, then jailbroke and had all kinds of fun tweaks...but my faves are now part of ios7 (control center, notif center in lock screen...) and it's really slick looking. Still surprised that I ditched jailbreak for it but I wouldn't go back!! ;)

I wont be updating to IOS7 on my jailbroke 4s anytime soon. i just updated my iPad Mini with IOS7 and while it's cool and all, there are just too many cooler things I can do with my jailbroke 4s that IOS7 cant or will never be able to do. For me there are too many pluses with the JB that there are with the new IOS7..

now if a JB comes out for IOS 7? then I may consider that..

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I feel the new look refreshing.
Verdict still out on battery life. Maybe it's just that I'm constantly using it.

Good Luck

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It's my second day on IOS7 and the new UI is definitely growing on me. It looked jarring at first, but I slowly grew to like it (how sleek and thin the new fonts look, the fewer but neat lines demarcating the various sections in the apps, the general improvement in performance). It just looks very clean and neat.

I don't think I could ever go back to IOS6.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's time I look into jail breaking. I have never done it before only because I have heard issues about "respringing".

I wish I had more time to test 7 out, then maybe I might feel different. Thinks its kinda stupid that you cannot downgrade at any point in time.

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I installed it on launch day, and it definitely takes some getting used to. I do get just a whisker of lag, compared to my iPhone 5. The new features (especially the new task switcher) sold me. Could I go back to 6, yes.. but I don't think I want to. Battery life took a bit of a hit, but still better than my old Droid.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Been using iOS 7 on my 4s since release day and I'm liking it a lot. I've experienced no issues and all of my apps run as they did on the former OS. Go for it!

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I highly recommend to update. Why? Control center is the best thing in new iOS 7. I don't know what took apple so long to make this happen.

Sent from my iPhone 4s, iOS 7.0

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I like iOS 7 a lot. I updated on launch day without any problems. I especially like control center, notification center, multitasking and iTunes Radio. I like the look of the OS, the icons and colors more than I thought I would. It didn't take me very long to adapt at all. I wouldn't go back to iOS 6 now.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I liked iOS 7 better than 6 even with my jailbreak. Most of the jailbreak tweaks I used are now part of iOS7. The only thing I didn't like was the control bar, which would never activate on my phone, but that may have been because of the Otterbox Defender case I used.

Just upgraded today to 5s, and the control bar activates much easier, a more reliably. I use the new Otterbox Defender, which leaves the screen/fingerprint sensor accessible.

bgriff25

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't a fan of the look of iOS7, but all the features it has added far outweighs the simplistic look. I like how the app switcher is set up and how you can close out of apps with a flick of the thumb. I use reminders a lot and like how I now have the option to "remind me in 15 minutes" if I'm in the middle of something. iTunes Radio is awesome! I've only been using an iPhone for a few months, but the features of iOS7 are a big improvement and the simple look is growing on me.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
So I guess the conclusion is? all the the new features out weight the UI and everyone seems to get use to the UI relatively quick. I just updated my wife's 4 to 7, do I will play with it more and MOST likely update in the near future.

I do hope Apple brings back the weather ICON rather than just text. Like all people, I rather look at an image than read because its just quicker.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2