The free 4S will be an 8GB

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I know that we all saw that the iPhone 4S would be dropping to free on contract. I just got an E-Mail from Apple with some sales stuff in it for work and it said that an iPhone 4S 8GB version will be available on the 20th. That is going to be the free device on contract. Just a fun fact for ya.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Makes sense. Same thing they did with the iPhone 4, 3Gs and 3G. Apple just following their model from over the years.

MERCDROID

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a great deal, considering that most (maybe all?) of the other phones that are free on contract are crap, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

MERCDROID

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not a deal at all. With the phone os taking up space the 8GB is more of a 6GB.

Most, actually all, of my friends that have iPhones only have music and pics stored, anyway. I have about 500 mp3s on my Nexus 4, and that only uses about 2-3GB of space. Also, with a lot of people using music streaming apps, there's less of a need to have massive amounts of storage. In my opinion, 6GB is probably more than enough, for the average consumer.

To be able to leave a carrier store, with a capable handset that provides a great experience, for FREE... Kinda hard to see how that's not a great deal.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
8 GB With an 8mp camera and 1080p video is going to suck. I remember 16 gigs filled up crazy fast with the 4s I don't even want to think about how fast an 8gb will fill up. Better keep your laptop handy if you intend on using the camera app. PSA over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
8 GB With an 8mp camera and 1080p video is going to suck. I remember 16 gigs filled up crazy fast with the 4s I don't even want to think about how fast an 8gb will fill up. Better keep your laptop handy if you intend on using the camera app. PSA over.

The 4S has none of that's. It's a 5mp camera with 720p recording.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah 8gb is crap. I have a 16gb iPhone 4, and it is full... I have to juggle and delete stuff pretty often to put any new content on her. I was hoping they'd keep at least the 16gb 4S, as I was going to buy an unlocked one for $450... but I'm not gonna spend that kind of money on 8gb.

The 4S has none of that's. It's a 5mp camera with 720p recording.

Not what Apple says.

iPhone 4s - Buy iPhone 4s with Free Shipping - Apple Store (U.S.)

"8MP iSight camera with HD video recording.
Advanced optics, a custom lens, and an 8-megapixel sensor let you capture high-quality photos. And you can shoot beautiful movies in full 1080p HD."

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah 8gb is crap. I have a 16gb iPhone 4, and it is full... I have to juggle and delete stuff pretty often to put any new content on her. I was hoping they'd keep at least the 16gb 4S, as I was going to buy an unlocked one for $450... but I'm not gonna spend that kind of money on 8gb.

Not what Apple says.

iPhone 4s - Buy iPhone 4s with Free Shipping - Apple Store (U.S.)

"8MP iSight camera with HD video recording.
Advanced optics, a custom lens, and an 8-megapixel sensor let you capture high-quality photos. And you can shoot beautiful movies in full 1080p HD."

You're right! I remember when I upgraded to the 4S, that was one of the reasons why.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I really don't think 8gb will be enough for most people, especially over the life of a 2 year contract. I bought a 8gb iPhone 4 on Sprint last summer when I broke my Pre 2 & needed a new phone right away. It was only $50 at Best Buy, and I had a $50 gift card, so I was like, I'll take it!

Man, did those 8 gigs fill up fast. It got so tiresome trying to micro-manage the space too. Constantly monitoring the photos I wanted to keep on the phone, the music I wanted on it, which apps to update. Sometimes I wouldn't even update apps because I had no space. Another drawback was that whenever apple pushed out an update, I would have to update the phone via iTunes, because there wasn't enough available memory to do it OTA.

The final straw for me was when I was at a friends wedding, and was recording a video and the phone ran out of memory. By the time I deleted some pics to free up space, I missed the moment I was trying to record. Not too long after that, I went on eBay and bought a 64gb iPhone 5 off contract. Couldn't be happier.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is bagging on the 8GB "free" iPhone... but in case you haven’t been paying attention, the "free" iPhone has been an 8GB version all along. This is nothing new, and it’s certainly not a surprise. To anyone. The 3G was an 8GB version. The 3GS was an 8GB version and the iPhone 4 is/was an 8GB model. So now, the 4S will be, too.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks. I have a 16gb 4s. I still have over 10gb of space remaining. I'm sure 8gb will work for some. I'm thinking about getting one for my wife.