Iphone 4S Screen Replacement Quality and Resolution

daniel_alexie

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I would appreciate if someone could help my answer a few questions regarding my Iphone 4S Screen Replacement.

About a few weeks ago, my 4S screen started showing a yellow spot that would become even more visible as the phone would heat up. Considering my phone is out of warranty and we don't really have Apple authorized phone services where I live and also the fact that the yellow spot was driving me mad I decided to take my chance with a fairly cheap replacement screen.

Now, another aspect that makes me clearly see a difference in the display is the fact that my original 4S display had a yellow tint, while the replacement while not being the coolest Iphone screen I've seen is clearly cooler, thus not allowing me to fully perceive the difference as strictly quality wise.

I would really appreciate it if you could tell me if you see any drastic quality differences between my display and a normal Iphone display judging by the screenshots i will attach to this post.

Also, I would like to know if the fact that the screenshots do show a 960 * 640 resolution on my desktop means that my replacement screen does in fact have a 960 * 640 resolution.

I'm looking forward to any input in order for me to decide if I should stick with this display or go back to the original one and try to live with the yellow spot.

Thank you very much and have a nice one,

Daniel

Attachments

• white.PNG
    white.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 15
  • photo1.PNG
    photo1.PNG
    826.1 KB · Views: 14
  • photo2.PNG
    photo2.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • photo3.PNG
    photo3.PNG
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 14
  • photo5.PNG
    photo5.PNG
    870.1 KB · Views: 14

crowordove

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately screenshots captured with your device are merely a picture of what the display is showing and not indicative of the display's actual tone or quality. We would be better able to help judge the screen for you if you are able to take a picture of the device through an alternative means.

In regards to the resolution, I would feel fairly safe to assume that it is indeed 960 * 640 as your screenshots show and that is the correct resolution for 4S.

Post a picture or two of the actual screen and I'll weigh in with my opinion on it but I believe that this will come down to a matter of personal preference. If you are ok with a cooler toned iPhone then keep the new display on and avoid the spot. I would keep your original screen though so that you have a backup part in the event that the new screen is accidentally damaged.

Hope this helps out,

Tyler

daniel_alexie

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks you.

Right now I can't provide a decent photo as my webcam and dumbphones that i keep for backup provide low-quality pictures. I'm going to post some pictures as I manage to take some decent ones of my screen. Thanks for the reply,

Daniel

daniel_alexie

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So here are the pictures, pretty bad ones, taken with a 5MP phone camera, but I did began to notice that indeed beyond a cooler tone, the screen also has pretty washed out colors. If I do decide to return to my original screen are there any chances that the yellow spot will extend further on the screen.

Thank you,

Daniel

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 22