Iphone 4s battery

delarob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys im new here , my problem is that my iphone 4s battery drains percentage every 3 1/2 minutes of usage. I setup an appointment with a Genius bar they looked at the phone tested the battery and told me is fine nothing is wrong with it they did a restore and told me to use the phone for one week bring it back to them to see any change.

I also noticed yesterday when ever im charging the phone it says 97% and once I unplug it it says 100%, I rinse and repeat the process and tells me 98% then I unplug it and it says 97% is this normal? is it a bad Dock connector?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Try using a different charger cable and charger to see if that fixes the problem. Don't believe it's the phone tho. And Welcome to iMore!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would do exactly what was just suggested by rdiddy, If you ARE using Apple cables and wall charger I would try another using Apple. If you are using 3rd party go to using Apple and lastly I would not hurt to hit the the dock connector with a light and not directly on it blast of canned air. Since you have been to the GB they have pretty much ruled out hardware. Good luck.

delarob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys, first I tried unplugin cable and percentage went down, I rinse and repeat the process until the percentage didnt move up or down it stayed in 100% after unplugin/plugin about 6 times.. the battery held a charge with a statues of 3 hours 45 minutes and 1 day 3 hours of stand by at 15% - 12% battery life and that was with Wifi on , location on. I only have 1 OEM set of apple cable and wall brick , But I just order a 3rd party cable from ebay.

Do you guys think my battery is fine and the Percentage going up and down will pluggin and removing is a Bug or just normal?

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Do you guys think my battery is fine and the Percentage going up and down will pluggin and removing is a Bug or just normal?

Our 4Ss are getting two years old, and depending on usage, battery life is probably starting to decline. See here for Apple's recommended battery usage procedures. I'd also strongly recommend against using a non-Apple official charger.

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#mn_p

Sent from my iPad 3 using iMore Forums app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW