Sleep/wake button

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to see a problem with my iPhone 4S. My sleep/ wake button isn't clicking anymore I have to really really push it hard. Anyone else have this problem. Or is this a defect, do you think apple would fix this or is this something that just happens overtime.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with mine when I had the 4S and I had for 17 months before getting my iPhone 5. If you think it's an issue, take it to a nearby Apple Store and have a genius look at it. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions via the following link to DIY or at least see what could be the problem.

How to DIY repair a stuck or broken iPhone 4S power button | iMore.com

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem with mine when I had the 4S and I had for 17 months before getting my iPhone 5. If you think it's an issue, take it to a nearby Apple Store and have a genius look at it. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions via the following link to DIY or at least see what could be the problem.

How to DIY repair a stuck or broken iPhone 4S power button | iMore.com

Yeah i know ill have to take it in and have them look at it. Im just starting to get frustrated with it and I'm at work I thought maybe someone out there had a similar issue, maybe ill call there support line think they would charge me? Thanks ill check that link out.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've never had that problem with my 4S. I would take it to the nearest Apple store for a Genius Bar visit.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to see a problem with my iPhone 4S. My sleep/ wake button isn't clicking anymore I have to really really push it hard. Anyone else have this problem. Or is this a defect, do you think apple would fix this or is this something that just happens overtime.

If your phone is still under warranty, Apple would just replace it.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine started doing the same thing, I went walking a couple weeks ago and it just seemed to stop working for no reason. I'm just trying to deal with it because I don't want to get it replaced and lose the ability to jailbreak it.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Humm I found a video to anyone who has this problem. A way to work around this problem till you get your phone fixed or replaced.
Go to settings then general then to accessibility then down to assistive touch. And turn it on. It puts a little button on the home screen that brings you to a menu where you can change the volume if those buttons broke or you can lock your device or even get Siri up. Kinda cool I guess. It also lets you record a gesture, but I haven't played with that yet. Actually I just noticed that buttons is on every screen and you can move it around if its in the way. Wonder if this will get annoying lol

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I would check out a local repair shop. Being that they will be sure to fix the issue and are very careful to mess with anything else.. Doing it yourself... Well... Your on your own..

Lewispaul88

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem with my home button, it is exactly same as yours I really had to push it hard to make it work and it is also out of warranty. But my power button works well. I've just switch on my software which does the same functionality as the home button. It is available on the screen.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Both of my 4S verizon sleep buttons did that about 11 months in. Apple said most likely the cheap TPU case( $5 china ones) that covered the button was adding stress. My 5 has not and have 13 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk