Where are my ringtones?????

mdjones79

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
If I get on my itunes it shows under the tone tab I have 1 tone (not correct) but if I go under "on this iphone" it shows all my tones in that folder (with weird dotted line circle next to the ones that I cant find). When I do on my phone I only have the one tone (which is also the only one without the weird circle. Im not stupid I have tried everything but I cant get them back. PLEASE HELP ME :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
A screen shot of what you are talking about would really help us to identify what you are actually talking about and possible help and or telling you what is going on.
Lastly the ringtones in question that you cannot find - How were they gotten? Made and you dragged them into iTunes or did you or some one else make them?

mdjones79

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought the tones through ITunes. I can't screen shot iTunes till tomorrow. If I plug in phone and go to my sync options and choose to sync tones it shows one Justin Moore song. If I click on my iphone and at top bar it says music apps tones pictures and on this iphone I then click on "on this iphone and I show like 8 tones but they are not on this iphone lol. It's driving me crazy cause I hate regular boring ringers :(

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If I get on my itunes it shows under the tone tab I have 1 tone (not correct) but if I go under "on this iphone" it shows all my tones in that folder (with weird dotted line circle next to the ones that I cant find). When I do on my phone I only have the one tone (which is also the only one without the weird circle. Im not stupid I have tried everything but I cant get them back. PLEASE HELP ME :)

That "weird dotted circle" is the indicator that it can?t find the actual file... if you purchased the ringtones from iTunes, go into iTunes, then from the menu bar, pick Store / Check for Available Downloads... to see if you can download them again.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That "weird dotted circle" is the indicator that it can’t find the actual file... if you purchased the ringtones from iTunes, go into iTunes, then from the menu bar, pick Store / Check for Available Downloads... to see if you can download them again.
Fausty is right in that it cannot find the original source file. They need to be in a folder on your PC or MAC whatever you are using. that dotted line circle will go away and they tones will show up.

Emily Seifert

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having the EXACT same problem. The ringtone was purchased on my iPhone (5s), and disappeared overnight. It's not on my phone. I plug in my phone, sync it to itunes. It does not show up in "tones" for my phone, but when I got to "On my Device" and click on tones, it shows the purchased one--with the dotted circle. It won't sync to my phone. It's not on my computer. iTunes says there are no available downloads. I can play, delete, or uncheck this ringtone. So, I feel like I essentially purchased a ringtone that was wiped from my phone, and I can't manipulate in iTunes. I've tried checking to manage tunes manually, but nothing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 3.40.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 3.40.47 PM.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 3

Juan Zepeda

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I too have the same exact problem on iPhone 5s. I just sent an e-mail to Apple Support, we'll see what they say. This is the first time I purchase a ringtone from them and very likely the last time too. :(