Restore iphone - multiple backups

bhlavinka

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
i got a new 4s recently, when i was setting up/restoring from icloud, the restore did not complete. so only a few of my apps and settings came over. initially i began to re-download the apps as i needed them, but quickly realized that although i had the app, i did not have any of my previous data associated with the app.

so i understand that in order to get all of the apps, and the associated data, i need to reset my device, then restore again, but insure the restore completes succesfully. which is fine... BUT, i do not want to loose all of the new data, etc that has been created and associated with some of these apps SINCE the last, incomnplete restore....

SO, how then, do i get all of the apps and data from the original backup, and still be able to keep, or not loose any data created since then?? because in order to restore, i must first reset / erase my current device, along with the current data?

any suggestions.... or rather, any tested solutions??

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you set up the phone as new? Afterward then you should be able to restore from backup of your choice and there should not be any reason that a complete restore would be successful.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
iCloud back up is just that.. A snap shot of that time of back up... If you were to setup the device again and choose the most recent back up.. Example last night.. You will only gain those settings, data, etc.. Nothing currently.. That will not be restored.

Agent-P

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
As stated, it depends how you backed up your iPhone prior to the restore (did you back up to iCloud or iTunes?) and what you did after the restore was complete (set up as new or restore from a back up?).

If you've backed up to iTunes on your computer, then plug in your iPhone and restore it. After the restore, choose the option that says to restore from a backup. If you backed up to iTunes, still restore your iPhone but then go to your iPhone after the restore and sign in with your Apple ID and choose to restore from an iCloud backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh