Hey Peeps! I am SO grateful I found this forum...You guys rock!

My iPhone worked great for a very long time. One morning I woke up and it said "SIM card Error"...I restarted it and everything seemed fine, or so I thought! I noticed I could no longer send pictures (which I do a lot with my little boys), to other phones unless they were iPhones. It was also running slower and the battery drained much more than normal. I'm assuming that a SMS Tracker was installed on my phone in my sleep by my S.O. or something similar. This is back when SMS Detective App made national news.

I reset my phone to factory settings after backing up to my iCloud. It said I had a corrupt file issue. Once I got my phone reloaded it STILL won't let me send pics to my family and friends.

MAIN CONCERN is that my privacy has been invaded and that just makes me mad. Should I get a new SIM card? I use Verizon, and
    I'm clueless if I have solved the issue or if my phone is still compromised.

I appreciate any advisement towards my concerns.

Thank you!!!
    Christine
    05-30-2013 12:52 PM
    I am at a loss... I would contact your carrier to work out the sms issue....
    05-30-2013 01:54 PM
    On a Verizon iPhone4s, the sim card is irrelevant to its use on the Verizon network. You can take it out, leave the slot empty... and it will work.

As for the SMS issue... a visit to an Apple Genius Bar might be of value... as may a consultation with Verizon support.
    05-30-2013 01:59 PM

My iPhone worked great for a very long time. One morning I woke up and it said "SIM card Error"...I restarted it and everything seemed fine, or so I thought! I noticed I could no longer send pictures (which I do a lot with my little boys), to other phones unless they were iPhones. It was also running slower and the battery drained much more than normal. I'm assuming that a SMS Tracker was installed on my phone in my sleep by my S.O. or something similar. This is back when SMS Detective App made national news.

I reset my phone to factory settings after backing up to my iCloud. It said I had a corrupt file issue. Once I got my phone reloaded it STILL won't let me send pics to my family and friends.

MAIN CONCERN is that my privacy has been invaded and that just makes me mad. Should I get a new SIM card? I use Verizon, and

Thank you!!!
    Christine
    Christine,
    I hope you'll report back to us how this was resolved.
    It may of benefit to other forum participants.
    Any welcome to iMore.
    Good Luck
    05-31-2013 10:06 PM

Thank you!!!
    Christine
    With iPhones, you need to turn on cellular data if you want to send pics without wifi or imessage. I'm assuming that you had data turned on whenever you send pics but turned it off. Seems odd since other smartphones can send pics without data turned on.
    06-07-2013 09:54 PM