Battery Concerns

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Recently my 4s battery life has went into the crapper. For example after 35 minutes of usage it's down to 87%. I know this is not right. I used to go all day an then some. Now it's like I am on auto drain or something. No apps using location services on, brightness on dimmest setting. Just light browsing and email and I swear it feels like this phone is powered by watch batteries now. The weird thing is that it's not constant, sometimes I can listen to podcasts for 8 hours and only hit the battery for 9% yet if I used the phone I can forget about it. Any ideas? I am out of warrantee and due for an upgrade in 3 weeks so hopefully nothing expensive:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Signal would be my first question. Second, do you have wifi and bluetooth on? My battery drains faster when my phone is constantly searching for a better signal than the one it has got.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Another question to add to the pile: Are you using a push email account? I've noticed a strange battery drain when certain conditions are met with my push account.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have looked into all of these ideas. Unfortunately I believe it's the charger, is that even possible? I find that my charge lasts longer when I charge my phone with my car charger or on my laptop. When I leave it hooked up overnight to charge from the wall is when I notice the huge quick drops in battery life. I'm not even sure if that makes any sense or if its a placebo effect but it certainly seems to be that way.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have looked into all of these ideas. Unfortunately I believe it's the charger, is that even possible? I find that my charge lasts longer when I charge my phone with my car charger or on my laptop. When I leave it hooked up overnight to charge from the wall is when I notice the huge quick drops in battery life. I'm not even sure if that makes any sense or if its a placebo effect but it certainly seems to be that way.

Are you using the iphone wall brick, or are you using one of the higher amperage chargers like an iPad brick? I believe a quick charge plug will cause battery life to be shorter, won't it?

pommie82

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
if i ever have a battery problem in the past then i always do s restore via itunes and that normally sorts it out if it fails to do so then i should of thought you would need a new battery for you phone when i last updated to the lastest version it improved my battery a quite a bit worth the upgrade

hope you get it sorted out

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
It's the stock iphone charger block that I have been using forever. I could restore but I will never start from scratch again, I have too many apps with information that i cannot duplicate. 3 years of information on the family vehicles, DVDs cataloged tagged and sorted. Etc etc. I will keep working on a solution and will post back, might try a different charger block or cord.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73