So my phone has just started to randomly turn off today. When I would try to turn it back on it would say I need to charge, which is false because both times it turned off it was at around 50%. I have also been experiencing insane battery drain. In 3-4 hours it would go from 100% to around 50. That is with me only texting. Not sure what the issue is. I hope someone can help me out.
    04-02-2013 09:58 PM
    My guess is the battery is toast. If there is an Apple Store nearby, take it in and have them check it out. I doubt a restore as new would make a difference, but I'm only speculating.
    sprocket2107 likes this.
    04-02-2013 10:01 PM
    I suspected that. But I have no idea how that could have happened. I expected that my phone would last through my next upgrade, clearly I was sadly mistaken. Thank you D!
    04-02-2013 10:06 PM
    I've read only a few posts here and there in regard to iPhone batteries expiring prematurely. It is also possible that the OS may be causing false readings of some sort. Has your device been dropped? Before you take it in to Apple, you might as well back it up and restore as new via iTunes and see if it irons itself out. It will either work or it won't. Right? ...
    04-02-2013 10:13 PM
    I have dropped it but that was only like 2 months ago. This just started today. I was jailbroken for a while and wednesday I restored as new to remove the jailbreak. I will try to restore again. Would it be safe for me, once the restore is complete, to restore from my iCloud backup? I never have in the past and have always just started fresh because a lot of people have reported performance issues with that.
    04-02-2013 10:17 PM
    I have dropped it but that was only like 2 months ago. This just started today. I was jailbroken for a while and wednesday I restored as new to remove the jailbreak. I will try to restore again. Would it be safe for me, once the restore is complete, to restore from my iCloud backup? I never have in the past and have always just started fresh because a lot of people have reported performance issues with that.
    This is 'my' personal opinion: I rarely restore from a backup, but sometimes I do if I'm in a hurry, but I always go back hours later and restore as new. Technically, it is not necessary, but I feel better restoring as new, especially if you're trying to fix a problem of some sort. It doesn't make sense to me to restore from a backup when you haven't located the source of the problem. Know what I mean? ...
    04-02-2013 10:33 PM
    I figured that would be the answer. It definitely makes more sense. Thanks a bunch
    04-02-2013 10:34 PM
    I figured that would be the answer. It definitely makes more sense. Thanks a bunch
    You're very welcome and let me know how it turns out, if you don't mind...
    04-02-2013 10:36 PM
    Absolutely. I scheduled an appointment on Sunday. Thats the only time they had available at the store closest to me So I will update you then. Unless this restore works.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-02-2013 11:12 PM
    +1 on the battery being the issue.
    04-03-2013 02:53 PM
    This I thought was only for BlackBerry users: strange behavior: randomly rebooting, - mine always did before and suddenly stop rebooting. Its ok now with me doing nothing.
    Thank you for telling that even iPhones doing that, I mean rebooting without reason. I'm using Smart provider in my cell - going to ask them what's up.......it's not dirty battery contacts nor is it faulty operating system - have checked it all. So I come to the conclusion it has to be the service provider ? which are collecting location data and or other data ? Don't know for sure of course - any input welcome here.
    Last edited by roderik745; 04-04-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: more details more clear.
    04-04-2013 12:44 PM
    Need help my Samsung Galaxy S2 randomly turning off?
    04-05-2013 05:39 AM