Happy or Regretting iOS 6 on 4s?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I know that it has been roughly a year since iOS 6 was released, but I am still using iOS 5 on my 4s. I have heard a lot stuff about updating the OS and I just wanted some opinions/experiences from you guys to judge if I should infact update. Getting tired of the notification on the Settings icon and cannot use the new iMore app because of iOS 5. Any help would be great!

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate everyone's response, what I'm looking for is stuff that you miss from 5, don't like or dont need about 6 (like passport) or stuff that is just better on 6 that is worthy of an upgrade.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate everyone's response, what I'm looking for is stuff that you miss from 5, don't like or dont need about 6 (like passport) or stuff that is just better on 6 that is worthy of an upgrade.

You should not see any degradation in performance by upgrading to iOS 6.1.3. The 4S can handle it. Besides, the upgrade contains security enhancements as well so do what is necessary to protect your data, in my opinion. As for Passbook, heck you can always hide it in a miscellaneous folder.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
and why is that JobSteves?

I don't really want to upgrade since I would not be able to downgrade easily.

It has less features and less features always means the device runs faster. And none of the features in ios are deal breakers although I love quick post to Facebook.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I wish I had iOS 5.1.1 still, just because my favorite jailbreak tweaks all work on that iOS version. SMS GV extension was one of my main reasons for jailbreaking and it won't be updated to support iOS 6+ unless someone picks up the project.

Agent-P

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with iOS 6 on the 4S. If I had to pick one thing I disliked, it would probably be that some of my favourite less well known jailbreak tweaks haven't been updated to iOS 6 yet (but that's not the fault of the device or the iOS version).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
honestly, iOS 6 was way too hyped IMHO. other than the native Maps app there is nothing else that is worth mentioning for me

now it should have ALL of us wondering if Apple is going to be blowing their infamous smoke up our asses again with iOS 7

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2