icloud Restore???

Husseinp18

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I was told by Apple to reset my phone to factory settings as i had a software problem which caused my 4S to switch off when the battery was at 20% They said not to restore from a back up as the problem would be restored aswell. So instead I restored from icloud. Does icloud restore settings? I want to know if the problem will be saved in the icloud backup.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was told by Apple to reset my phone to factory settings as i had a software problem which caused my 4S to switch off when the battery was at 20% They said not to restore from a back up as the problem would be restored aswell. So instead I restored from icloud. Does icloud restore settings? I want to know if the problem will be saved in the icloud backup.

This is what is backed up by iCloud. Please read this article from Apple support:

iCloud: iCloud Backup

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Please note that restoring from iCloud is also restoring from a backup (iCloud backup). The Apple representative was most likely telling you to set your device up as new including re-downloading your apps, reconfiguring your email & social accounts, etcetera just like you did when you first purchased your device.

Chase Isley

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
^^^ Yeah backing up your info on the computer and also in icloud are the same things. If you restored from either backup, you would be restoring the corrupted settings.

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Definitely. I you back up with iCloud then you will restore everything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2