Strange 4S Wi-Fi Problem

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 4S for about 9 months and it's been a wonderful device. Within the last week or so, I tried to connect with a couple of restaurant/pub wi-fi networks (never an issue in the past, especially with these two). While my wi-fi settings showed the network name connection, I didn't get the wi-fi symbol and the connection was continuously spinning, rather than showing a checkmark. The odd thing is that my son's iPhone 4 connected with no problem, while sitting right next to me. Thinking about the problem over the weekend, I realized that the only thing that had physically changed on the phone recently was a new Elago Slim-Fit case I had put on it (polycarbonate, not metal). I've gone back to my old Coveroo case in the meantime and will try again this weekend to see what happens. Has anyone ever had a case that interfered with wi-fi connections (I searched and found numerous ones that interfered with cellular reception)? Or any other explanation as to what might have been happening? Thanks!

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I brought a metal case from eBay and my signal went from four bars to no bars. I could not even make a phone call. I originally brought the case for my iPhone 4 and thought that phone was the problem and tried it with my 4s and had the same problem. I have not had that problem with any other case though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner