I can't set up personal network,and I don't know why,as you can see from the picture it dos not allow to enter the menu. It shows like something is searching.Can someone tell me what is about?
    Attached Thumbnails personal hotspot-photo.png  
    03-17-2013 06:42 PM
    Do you have this feature enabled by your carrier?
    03-17-2013 07:10 PM
    Alli is right. In order for it to work you must have it set up and paying for it through your carrier. Once they set it up on their end you will be good to go.
    03-17-2013 07:46 PM
    I don't understand ....I have used this feature on my previous phone which was Nexus S,without enabling by my carrier.
    03-17-2013 07:50 PM
    I don't understand ....I have used this feature on my previous phone which was Nexus S,without enabling by my carrier.
    You might not have realized it and do you have the same carrier now? You DO have to have this feature enabled by your carrier for iPhone.

EDIT: This comes out of the IOS User Guide for IOS 6 and above.

Personal Hotspot
    You can use Personal Hotspot (iPhone 4 or later) to share an Internet connection with a computer or other device—such as an iPod touch, iPad, or other iPhone—connected to your iPhone via Wi-Fi. You can also use Personal Hotspot to share an Internet connection with a computer connected to iPhone via Bluetooth or USB. Personal Hotspot works only if iPhone is connected to the Internet over the cellular data network.
    Note: This feature may not be available in all areas. Additional fees may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.
    Share an Internet connection: Go to Settings > General > Cellular and tap Set Up Personal Hotspot—if it appears—to set up the service with your carrier.
    03-17-2013 08:24 PM
    I sort it out...Settings/General/Cellular/Cellular data network under internet tethering/APN just put "internet"and you got it in the main Settings menu
    03-18-2013 02:55 PM
    I sort it out...Settings/General/Cellular/Cellular data network under internet tethering/APN just put "internet"and you got it in the main Settings menu
    Well so you now have your Personal Hotspot and it is working over the 3G cellular network? That is great and i am glad you stuck with it and sorted it out. I am still a bit surprized that your carrier is not charging you and had to set it up? Anyway you have a great day and glads to have you as part of the forums.
    03-18-2013 05:02 PM
    I am still a bit surprized that your carrier is not charging you and had to set it up?
    Tethering/MobileHotspot is included with Verizon's ShareEverything plans...
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    03-18-2013 05:04 PM
    Tethering/MobileHotspot is included with Verizon's ShareEverything plans...
    I don't have a share everything plan Keith as I only have my own mins/data plan so Ty for clearing that up.
    03-18-2013 05:11 PM
    that's what I was wandering about,because I have unlimited data plan.In the end it was only "know how" issue.
    03-19-2013 12:04 PM