Edit button missing from Camera Roll??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyfulmom2

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to mention one last thing because I wonder if I am explaining it right.................Go to photos, there you see your albums, click on camera roll and open, up top you see the albums arrow on the left and on the right I had always had the edit button............that's what is missing now. Just wanted to put it in steps in case I'm not explaining myself well.....lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's impossible, D.. But to be honest I was right and he was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Whether you were right or wrong is not the issue and I'm sure there are people who would find what you stated as appropriate. However, the recipient was insulted and taken aback by the tone of your reply and as a mod looking at the totality of the situation & the forum rules, I agree that your reply was a bit out of line. Having said that, does that mean that you can't or shouldn't post your opinions? Of course not. Keep on participating as you've been and as stated by the forum rules, "Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button." Anyway, you're still alright in my book. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend...:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to mention one last thing because I wonder if I am explaining it right.................Go to photos, there you see your albums, click on camera roll and open, up top you see the albums arrow on the left and on the right I had always had the edit button............that's what is missing now. Just wanted to put it in steps in case I'm not explaining myself well.....lol.

I understand what your saying jm2 and l don't have the edit tab there either:
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1363528727.915151.jpg

The edit button doesn't show up top right until I actually tap into a wp- then it appears in the top right:
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1363528824.469803.jpg

now I can honestly say that I don't recall of that edit button was ever there or not lol. Goes to show how much attention I pay with that. Now I just checked my daughters on 6.0.1 and hers does show it. Strange. Maybe with 6.1.2 they took that away :confused:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)jm2, ok there's nothing wrong with your device (or mine lol) I just checked this "edit" tab feature both of us are missing. Here's the deal: when my daughter opens into that part of the camera roll where it shows & ours doesn't, tapping on that on hers does the same exact function as ours does when we tap on the bottoms left "arrow box". I hope that made sense the way I explained it lol.

Last edited:

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I hate to throw more confusion into this thread but the edit button does show up in the camera roll for me I have 6.1.2

Is this the edit button under discussion ?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363533486.419842.jpg

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate to throw more confusion into this thread but the edit button does show up in the camera roll for me I have 6.1.2

Is this the edit button under discussion ?View attachment 28545

Yes it is charlyee. Ok, I think i see whats going on here & i hope i don't confuse anyone here lol. I've noticed a pattern, and it must be how the photos app "adjusts" itself accordingly.

Charlyee, on yours, you have the whole bottom taking up by "albums, photostream & places(geotagging)" On one of my daughters(6.0), hers is the same except the bottom where your photo stream is, is an "arrow" symbol.

Now, on mine(6.1.2) as well as my other daughters phone(hers is 6.0.1) we both only have the arrow box on the bottom left and the arrow icon in the middle, because neither one of us have "palces(geotagging)"

SO, in theory because yours is taken up on the bottom by other functions, the photos app by default with put that "edit" tab up top right for you to have those additional functions that we 'normally' have with the arrow box that appears on the bottom left of ours!

Now, i really hope that made sense to everyone:p LOL. So, i still say nothing is wrong with anyones device, its just how the photo app adapts to those additional items you(charlyee) and others may have there, while myself, daughter etc. don't:)

Last edited:

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the great explanation Pink, that makes sense.

Mine was out of the box like that. I didn't make any changes other than doing to updates.

Glad there is nothing wrong with anyone's phone. 😊

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the great explanation Pink, that makes sense.

Mine was out of the box like that. I didn't make any changes other than doing to updates.

Glad there is nothing wrong with anyone's phone. ��

your welcome !! I wouldnt have been able to perceive this if i didn't 'study' your ss, and then go back & review both of my daughters as well. THATS when i noticed the difference and what was causing the 'edit' tab to be present or not. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I personally believe joyful that you explained yourself quite well and let me say to you as i already had that I am sorry you had to hear the clutter and not just everyone willing to help. This forum is gnerally not like this but every once in awhile people have to be reminded of their behavior.

The bottom line is I and everyone else got your meaning perfectly and what you stated is CORRECT. You should have the edit button as you have explained and i am going to air on the side of the Mod meaning 'D who might think that somehow your app may have become corrupted so therefore I believe he mentioned to USB to iTunes and set up as new after a backup and see if this does not fix it.

We are hear to assist you no matter what.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is charlyee. Ok, I think i see whats going on here & i hope i don't confuse anyone here lol. I've noticed a pattern, and it must be how the photos app "adjusts" itself accordingly.

Charlyee, on yours, you have the whole bottom taking up by "albums, photostream & places(geotagging)" On one of my daughters(6.0), hers is the same except the bottom where your photo stream is, is an "arrow" symbol.

Now, on mine(6.1.2) as well as my other daughters phone(hers is 6.0.1) we both only have the arrow box on the bottom left and the arrow icon in the middle, because neither one of us have "palces(geotagging)"

SO, in theory because yours is taken up on the bottom by other functions, the photos app by default with put that "edit" tab up top right for you to have those additional functions that we 'normally' have with the arrow box that appears on the bottom left of ours!

Now, i really hope that made sense to everyone:p LOL. So, i still say nothing is wrong with anyones device, its just how the photo app adapts to those additional items you(charlyee) and others may have there, while myself, daughter etc. don't:)

Pink... NOW I have a headache...LOL :)

joyfulmom2

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Pink thank you for taking the time to research this and explain it........... really was beginning to think I was loosing my mind..........lol. Just seems so weird that some have it and some don't.........I guess it's just one of those great mysteries of Apple......lol.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Y'all just don't even know how a iPhone works period, I feel bad for all of you. All of you just don't make any sense at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice