Edit button missing from Camera Roll??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well Massie I am sure with the respect and knowledge I know you have and I have for you, I don't know what he means unlocked at the home screen? You would have to be to get into the app or what exactly are you referring to please? Thanks my friend.

Open the camera using the lockscreen camera icon, then tap the photo icon at the lower left. You can see your Camera Roll but because you haven't swiped to unlock yet, you have no option to edit. It's a security feature, essentially.

joyfulmom2

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow............didn't mean to start a debate...................what I mean is when I go into my camera roll and want to do a delete multiple pictures I have no edit button. The edit button use to be there and not sure where it went. I did try the hard reset and nothing.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Open the camera using the lockscreen camera icon, then tap the photo icon at the lower left. You can see your Camera Roll but because you haven't swiped to unlock yet, you have no option to edit. It's a security feature, essentially.

I see where laelipoo has said the same thing (Info) as you and given this if the other poster who wanted to argue with me, wants to know what iPhone he has and why it matters and all that would have been avoided if he just made himself more clear. As he stated above that he was half asleep and calling the OP a guy and not girl so maybe people should not be posting this early in the morning if you are not awake.

Thank you both for clearing things up for me in a few quick posts and by the way. I did know that but TY to both just the same.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why should I tell you what model is my iPhone, all you need to know its a iPhone. That's it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Don't need to. Have a wonderful day my friend. Read the other peoples post like Massie and Laelipoo. That was all you had to make clear.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I went on to my camera roll to delete some pictures and noticed that my edit button is gone...........so I'm not able to delete a group of pictures. Have to go in one at a time to delete. Anyone else have this issue and any clues what to to do?

joyfulmom I am truly sorry for all the craziness in these posts to your simple question but now I hope you received your answer. Have a wonderful day today, See ya in the forums. ;)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Lets all get back to trying to help the OP:

When you say hard reset, you held both buttons until the Apple logo appeared?
You are looking in the regular Apple photos app, right? And you are opening the app from your home screen, not the lock screen?
You haven't enabled any restrictions in your Settings app?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

You are looking in the regular Apple photos app, right? And you are opening the app from your home screen, not the lock screen?

Good questions so I am going to leave things in your capable hands Massie and YES the OP is the importance here. Thank you Massie

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
In response to the screenshot: I tried myself after hitting camera roll and there is no edit button, I do not know if there ever was one. I believe it is there if you open the Photos app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I went on to my camera roll to delete some pictures and noticed that my edit button is gone...........so I'm not able to delete a group of pictures. Have to go in one at a time to delete. Anyone else have this issue and any clues what to to do?

After resetting your device, as directed by Massie, you 'should' be all set to edit like before. If not, let us know and we'll go from there.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
After resetting your device, as directed by Massie, you 'should' be all set to edit like before. If not, let us know and we'll go from there.

I don't want to push anybodies buttons by any means because I respect everyone no matter what but my only question would be.... What was wrong with my very first post that I suggested a hard reset to the OP and it all went downhill from there.
Anyway I hope the OP gets this resolved and I don't see doing or answering anything incorrectly or being out of line. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to push anybodies buttons by any means because I respect everyone no matter what but my only question would be.... What was wrong with my very first post that I suggested a hard reset to the OP and it all went downhill from there.
Anyway I hope the OP gets this resolved and I don't see doing or answering anything incorrectly or being out of line. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

No sweat, but not everyone knows what a "hard reset" means. Joyfulmom, if you went to Camera Roll as suggested (Homescreen>Photos app>Camera Roll) and still dont have the edit option, I'd suggest going to an Apple store and asking for help. Good luck!

Edit: I see you did include directions, my bad!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok I did the reset like you mentioned and it didn't work....:-(

Like Massie and 'D mentioned are you opening the photos app from your home screen and not the lock screen? If you open your photo app from your home screen you WILL see the "Edit" button. Please let us know and my apologies to you on a personal level for getting mixed in the middle where you should not have. Please let us know.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

there is a difference if you go into your actual Camera Roll vs an Album

Camera Roll you can delete multiple photos at once

Album(s) it appears they have to be individually deleted

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
there is a difference if you go into your actual Camera Roll vs an Album

Camera Roll you can delete multiple photos at once

Album(s) it appears they have to be individually deleted

I thought that too but just tried it and I CAN delete multiples from albums. Weird.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The only difference I see is that in Albums the red button says Remove instead of Delete—the photos are still chosen the same way. Is yours different?

yeah, you're right. it is the same as you described

this is a little baffling as to what the OP's issue is then

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok I did the reset like you mentioned and it didn't work....:-(

I'm sorry. I can only assume the Photos app is corrupted somehow. If you have the time and patience, connect your device to your computer, back it up and then restore as new. That is what I would do.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
maybe the OP is getting confused because depending where you are at in the Photo app there is no Edit button or trash can, just the little box with an arrow coming out of it which will allow you to delete as well

Status
Not open for further replies.