Edit button missing from Camera Roll??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyfulmom2

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I went on to my camera roll to delete some pictures and noticed that my edit button is gone...........so I'm not able to delete a group of pictures. Have to go in one at a time to delete. Anyone else have this issue and any clues what to to do?

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I went on to my camera roll to delete some pictures and noticed that my edit button is gone...........so I'm not able to delete a group of pictures. Have to go in one at a time to delete. Anyone else have this issue and any clues what to to do?

You have to unlock your iPhone to see the edit button.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have an edit button in my camera roll so I can delete as many as I want. With that said I would do a hard reboot by holding down the power button and home button until you see the Apple logo and let go. This has been known to clear up a great many glitches, the look again and see if it returns. Also what OS are you running and what model iPhone?

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an edit button in my camera roll so I can delete as many as I want. With that said I would do a hard reboot by holding down the power button and home button until you see the Apple logo and let go. This has been known to clear up a great many glitches, the look again and see if it returns. Also what OS are you running and what model iPhone?

No he does not need to do a hard reset on the iPhone

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You have to unlock your iPhone to see the edit button.

My phone is "NOT" "UNLOCKED" and I have an Edit button so I suggested a hard reset which is known to cure many problems and then look to see if the edit button is back.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

It was a suggestion but you are wrong I am sorry to say about your phone having to be unlocked as I stated below your post where never has been and I have always had an edit button in my camera roll and my photo album.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
It was a suggestion but you are wrong I am sorry to say about your phone having to be unlocked as I stated below your post where never has been and I have always had an edit button in my camera roll and my photo album.

I am not wrong therefore you have to unlock your iPhone to go to the photos and edit, you can't edit the pictures if the phone is locked I had my iPhone for a year and I had my iPod Touch for two years, I know how iOS works. There is no way around it unless you unlock it.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
It does not matter who you were talking to as I have the right to comment and you calm down. I have my facts right, You do not. Why do I have an edit button on a locked phone? By the way that was a retorical question?

That's impossible. I don't have a edit button on my locked iPhone even tho I'm running on iOS 6.0.2

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am not wrong therefore you have to unlock your iPhone to go to the photos and edit, you can't edit the pictures if the phone is locked I had my iPhone for a year and I had my iPod Touch for two years, I know how iOS works. There is no way around it unless you unlock it.

Again I am sorry but I have had iPhones longer than that and I am not trying to get in a war here. I have never unlocked any of my phones to have the edit button and by the way ...All he wants the edit button for is to delete multiple photos instead of one at a time and nothing else.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Again I am sorry but I have had iPhones longer than that and I am not trying to get in a war here. I have never unlocked any of my phones to have the edit button and by the way ...All he wants the edit button for is to delete multiple photos instead of one at a time and nothing else.

Give me a few mins and I will show you a picture

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Give me a few mins and I will show you a picture

Save the effort as I don't need to see anything and once again, The OP wants to DELETE multiple photos and not one at a time. Read her post again. Thakn you and you have a very nice day. I know I will. ;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Very trivial but you might also give respect to being joyfulmom as to not call the OP a HE and instead a she, I suppose to dod not read what she asked she wanted to do in the post so with that I am out of here and once again have a joyful day. ;)

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Very trivial but you might also give respect to being joyfulmom as to not call the OP a HE and instead a she, I suppose to dod not read what she asked she wanted to do in the post so with that I am out of here and once again have a joyful day. ;)

Well I didn't know apparently Im just tired from my sleep. Lack of spelling.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure you two are having a bit of miscommunication: by "unlocked" he simply means "at the home screen," NOT unlocked from the cell carrier.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Oops, I am on 6.1.2 not 6.0.2 it was a mistake lol but here's the picture I did from my locked iPhone View attachment 28438

This is my very last post to you. I am not going to go through uploading a photo to prove to you that my phone is locked but I have an edit button to delete multiple photos and that is all the OP wants to do and nothing else. Sorry it does not show one on yours. You also even though you now say you have 6.1.2 what model phone but I am out of here and i have work to do. Bye now and best of luck to you. We appreciate you being part of the forums.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure you two are having a bit of miscommunication: by "unlocked" he simply means "at the home screen," NOT unlocked from the cell carrier.

Well Massie I am sure with the respect and knowledge I know you have and I have for you, I don't know what he means unlocked at the home screen? You would have to be to get into the app or what exactly are you referring to please? Thanks my friend.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
This is my very last post to you. I am not going to go through uploading a photo to prove to you that my phone is locked but I have an edit button to delete multiple photos and that is all the OP wants to do and nothing else. Sorry it does not show one on yours. You also even though you now say you have 6.1.2 what model phone but I am out of here and i have work to do. Bye now and best of luck to you. We appreciate you being part of the forums.

Why should I tell you what model is my iPhone, all you need to know its a iPhone. That's it.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Well Massie I am sure with the respect and knowledge I know you have and I have for you, I don't know what he means unlocked at the home screen? You would have to be to get into the app or what exactly are you referring to please? Thanks my friend.

Well being that you can get into the camera roll from the lock screen without putting in your pass code, I think they mean that. With a pass code enabled (locked) you cannot see the edit button without putting in your password and unlocking the phone. That's what they're trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh