Lets all get back to trying to help the OP:

When you say hard reset, you held both buttons until the Apple logo appeared?
    You are looking in the regular Apple photos app, right? And you are opening the app from your home screen, not the lock screen?
    You haven't enabled any restrictions in your Settings app?
    03-15-2013 11:43 AM

You are looking in the regular Apple photos app, right? And you are opening the app from your home screen, not the lock screen?
    Good questions so I am going to leave things in your capable hands Massie and YES the OP is the importance here. Thank you Massie
    03-15-2013 12:41 PM
    In response to the screenshot: I tried myself after hitting camera roll and there is no edit button, I do not know if there ever was one. I believe it is there if you open the Photos app.
    03-15-2013 12:45 PM
    I went on to my camera roll to delete some pictures and noticed that my edit button is gone...........so I'm not able to delete a group of pictures. Have to go in one at a time to delete. Anyone else have this issue and any clues what to to do?

After resetting your device, as directed by Massie, you 'should' be all set to edit like before. If not, let us know and we'll go from there.
    03-15-2013 01:03 PM
    Ok I did the reset like you mentioned and it didn't work....:-(
    03-15-2013 01:35 PM
    After resetting your device, as directed by Massie, you 'should' be all set to edit like before. If not, let us know and we'll go from there.
    I don't want to push anybodies buttons by any means because I respect everyone no matter what but my only question would be.... What was wrong with my very first post that I suggested a hard reset to the OP and it all went downhill from there.
    Anyway I hope the OP gets this resolved and I don't see doing or answering anything incorrectly or being out of line. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    03-15-2013 01:37 PM
    I don't want to push anybodies buttons by any means because I respect everyone no matter what but my only question would be.... What was wrong with my very first post that I suggested a hard reset to the OP and it all went downhill from there.
    Anyway I hope the OP gets this resolved and I don't see doing or answering anything incorrectly or being out of line. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    No sweat, but not everyone knows what a "hard reset" means. Joyfulmom, if you went to Camera Roll as suggested (Homescreen>Photos app>Camera Roll) and still dont have the edit option, I'd suggest going to an Apple store and asking for help. Good luck!

Edit: I see you did include directions, my bad!
    03-15-2013 01:46 PM
    Like Massie and 'D mentioned are you opening the photos app from your home screen and not the lock screen? If you open your photo app from your home screen you WILL see the "Edit" button. Please let us know and my apologies to you on a personal level for getting mixed in the middle where you should not have. Please let us know.
    03-15-2013 01:47 PM
    I went on to my camera roll to delete some pictures and noticed that my edit button is gone...........so I'm not able to delete a group of pictures. Have to go in one at a time to delete. Anyone else have this issue and any clues what to to do?
    there is a difference if you go into your actual Camera Roll vs an Album

Camera Roll you can delete multiple photos at once

Album(s) it appears they have to be individually deleted
    03-15-2013 01:56 PM

I thought that too but just tried it and I CAN delete multiples from albums. Weird.
    03-15-2013 02:16 PM
    I thought that too but just tried it and I CAN delete multiples from albums. Weird.
    oh i see. it's just not the traditional way it appears
    03-15-2013 02:21 PM
    oh i see. it's just not the traditional way it appears
    The only difference I see is that in Albums the red button says Remove instead of Delete—the photos are still chosen the same way. Is yours different?
    03-15-2013 02:26 PM
    The only difference I see is that in Albums the red button says Remove instead of Delete—the photos are still chosen the same way. Is yours different?
    yeah, you're right. it is the same as you described

this is a little baffling as to what the OP's issue is then
    03-15-2013 02:33 PM
    I'm sorry. I can only assume the Photos app is corrupted somehow. If you have the time and patience, connect your device to your computer, back it up and then restore as new. That is what I would do.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    03-15-2013 02:59 PM
    maybe the OP is getting confused because depending where you are at in the Photo app there is no Edit button or trash can, just the little box with an arrow coming out of it which will allow you to delete as well
    03-15-2013 03:02 PM
    maybe the OP is getting confused because depending where you are at in the Photo app there is no Edit button or trash can, just the little box with an arrow coming out of it which will allow you to delete as well
    Maybe. The only place I don't see edit is in the photostream section of the Photos app.
    03-15-2013 03:16 PM
    No sweat, but not everyone knows what a "hard reset" means. Joyfulmom, if you went to Camera Roll as suggested (Homescreen>Photos app>Camera Roll) and still dont have the edit option, I'd suggest going to an Apple store and asking for help. Good luck!

Edit: I see you did include directions, my bad!
    No problem here either Massie. You know I respect your opinions and always have. I always defer to people who have been here longer and have more posts than me.... I appreciate you understanding the situation in my trying to assist the OP.
    03-15-2013 03:25 PM
    [WARN]
    Was I talking to you, get your damn facts right and I suggest you to calm down, I was talking to the OP.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    [/WARN]

Please be mindful of the other forum participants. If you disagree, that's fine, but let's refrain from being or giving the impression of being vulgar. Thanks.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    03-15-2013 03:25 PM
    Wow............didn't mean to start a debate...................what I mean is when I go into my camera roll and want to do a delete multiple pictures I have no edit button. The edit button use to be there and not sure where it went. I did try the hard reset and nothing.
    YOU have done nothing wrong and my sincere apology for all the junk you are seeing that should not concern you. We should only be concerned with your issue which I knew from the beginning. After doing the Hard Reset as i explained which I learned from 'D as taking care of many issues, This is why I suggested it. I am sorry it did not work and understood you from the beginning. If you have the latest OS 6.1.2 and are opening your camera roll from your panel of other apps and do not see the edit button if you feel comfortable in restoring your device I or others here will be happy
    to walk you through. Please let us know and again from ME...apologies...
    03-15-2013 03:33 PM
    Wow.
    No one asked the op where the Camera Roll was accessed from.
    If it is accessed from the Camera, there is no edit button until you select a pic.
    If accessed from the Photo app it is there.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    03-15-2013 03:47 PM

I just went into my camera roll and CAN delete mutiples. I have at least 15 "Albums" and when I go into any of them all I can do as options is "Share" or "Add To" hmmm
    I as answered Blink above cannot delete anything from Albums and only have options as I mentioned when I hit my "EDIT" button....
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 03-15-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    03-15-2013 03:53 PM

I'm sorry. I can only assume the Photos app is corrupted somehow. If you have the time and patience, connect your device to your computer, back it up and then restore as new. That is what I would do.
    I had also suggested the same thing as you 'D below these posts on the bottom of this page. Thank you for your assistance.
    03-15-2013 03:58 PM
    Wow.
    No one asked the op where the Camera Roll was accessed from.
    If it is accessed from the Camera, there is no edit button until you select a pic.
    If accessed from the Photo app it is there.

I think a few did but nonetheless that is still a valid point. Thank you for the input to try and help.
    03-15-2013 04:11 PM
    Yes Jaguar you asked but all the rest was assumption and childish bickering.

Jaguarr40 likes this.
    03-15-2013 04:20 PM
    Yes Jaguar you asked but all the rest was assumption and childish bickering.

Well bickering by only one person and he has been warned by a Mod so that is enough. Thank you again.
    03-15-2013 04:31 PM
80 1234