Blocked number

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
There are ways, yes.

*Edit*
You know I typed out how I think it can be done for various providers, but on second thought, seeing as I don't know why one would want to I will just leave it at that.

:)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't see why you would want to unless you are intending on sending something to someone that you don't want traced back to you, which can't be a good thing.

Unless anyone else can think of a nice, fluffy and legitimate reason for doing so, I think the hole thing sounds a bit too sinister for my liking.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Like everyone else has said, sending a text message from your phone using traditional methods does not allow you to block your phone number.

There are apps and other ways to do it I'm sure, but curious as to why you'd want to but whatever floats your Buddha.

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow all you replied thinking something dark is going on. The reason if you must know is for my wife to know my location when deployed but obviously not thru my phone. Thanks for all replies. Curious why you would even reply if you thought something bad was going on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow all you replied thinking something dark is going on. The reason if you must know is for my wife to know my location when deployed but obviously not thru my phone. Thanks for all replies. Curious why you would even reply if you thought something bad was going on.

It is your business, but since you stated a reason, help us to understand it. Someone else with a situation similar to yours may also want to know. How can your wife know your location via a blocked phone number?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

So since you are a Marine as far as I know if you are deployed to a war zone besides the country the Military of any branch does not allow troops to give specific deployment and number or not blocked, anything that can be potentially used to track someone deployed is a NO No with any branch and I think that is also why JustMe'D asked the question as well to help us understand.

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
So Jaguar how many times were you deployed? It's not to give a location it's to notify that I got there safely. The need for blocked phone is a unit question not my personal one. Thanks again for all replies though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
?...(snipped)...It's not to give a location it's to notify that I got there safely.
That is understandable and i know all too well how it is. Been there, done that....;)
The need for blocked phone is a unit question not my personal one.
I understand that as well. I can still recall not being able to tell loved ones specifically where I was and to hear their worried "why not" response. Anyway, your initial post led me and others to conclude something else. You made it seem as if a blocked number could provide a specific location. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Thanks again for all replies though.
You're very welcome, and thank you for all that you do on our behalf. Semper Fi.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So Jaguar how many times were you deployed? It's not to give a location it's to notify that I got there safely. The need for blocked phone is a unit question not my personal one. Thanks again for all replies though.

My question to you was not out of spite but more of a curiosity question than anything else. I appreciate your service to our Country as I do ALL armed forces personel and would hope everyone felt the same as me when I was deployed and served years ago. In any event please do not think or read anything into my question any more than what I stated. Take care and have a great weekend.

As well with me... Sorry for the misunderstanding. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods