Aside from the larger screen and LTE
    The larger screen and the LTE are huge differences IMO.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    04-10-2013 10:31 PM
    I had the 4s. Then the 5. Now back to the 4S. It's just a better phone to me.
    04-16-2013 05:02 AM
    Better for what reasons?
    Would you buy the 4s over the 5 today for a two year contract?
    04-16-2013 09:43 AM
    my first experience with an iphone was a 40 dollar 3 I got off a friend and had it unlocked for my mom...it didn't impress me at all but I have to say the five is growing on me

my girlfriends four that I got at the same time as my five feels heavy to me....I guess its what's your use too that matters

LTE is the real reason I didn't get the free iPhone 4 and glad I didn't .....can't speak about the 4s as I never used one
    04-16-2013 01:01 PM
    Terrigno-

why do you think that the 4s is a better phone than the 5. Will it be relevant 2 years from now as well?
    04-17-2013 03:11 PM
    LTE alone makes the iPhone 5 far and away a better phone than any of the previous iPhones to me. If i started thinking about the other features, it'd just steadily keep growing further and further away from the previous gens. The 4S is a really nice phone though, i still have one as a work phone...
    04-17-2013 07:28 PM
    The 4s is too solid of a device but a jailbroken 5 best phone ever

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2013 07:36 AM
    Why stick with a 3g phone when technology has advanced to 4G LTE devices? It would be just a matter of time before you'd move on anyway. Keep the iPhone 5.
    04-18-2013 08:45 AM
    No, I will choose iPhone 5 over iPhone 4s. Because iPhone 5 is more faster and better then iPhone 4s...
    04-25-2013 01:30 AM
    I did, but it was a question of money. Needed 2 phones, one for me and one for my wife, and we just couldn't swing the 5 right now. 4s is an excellent phone, but that doesn't mean I'm not hoping I'll be economically able to get a 6 when my contract is up next!
    04-25-2013 03:19 PM
    But it still isn't better than the 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    If I can text faster on the 4S and am around Wifi 90% of my day, why is the 5 better? I got rid of the 5 and went back to the 4S. The Glass and Stainless steel, weight and size are bliss.
    impaler likes this.
    04-26-2013 09:33 AM
    i chose the 4S when i was upgrade eligible. there wasn't a drastic difference for me to pick the 5 and i haven't regretted my choice one bit.
    04-26-2013 09:35 AM
    Terrigno-

why do you think that the 4s is a better phone than the 5. Will it be relevant 2 years from now as well?
    From my experience, I became more upset with the 5 then I did when I had the 4S before. Yes, its lighter and a bit taller. It has LTE. But Fiddling around with it one handed or trying to text on it all the time wasn't even close to on point as it was on the 4S for me. The technology with these devices and all other Android devices no matter how many Quad Triple Core Processors there putting in aren't making that much of a difference. Im not finding the 5's camera really any better then the 4S. The biggest thing it has going for it is the LTE. The LTE is quick. But Pointless when your around Wifi 90% of your day. Plus, Im on Verizon where that's pretty strong in this whole area where I live and travel to and from. I don't play games on my phone, I don't do much data intensive stuff on my phone so the LTE isn't that big of a deal. It might have been with a 55" Android screened device, but not so much with the IPhone.

For Me, The stainless steel and glass on the 4S along with the weight and size make it a great device. I baby my electronics, I always have. Sometimes Lighter and thinner doesn't make things better. The feel and quality of the 5 wasn't a step up from the 4S in my opinion. I think it was a step down. The 5 construction reminds me of an Android. The 4S construction reminds me of a high end luxury device in my hands. The 4S for me hits that sweet spot.
    04-26-2013 09:40 AM
    From my experience, I became more upset with the 5 then I did when I had the 4S before. Yes, its lighter and a bit taller. It has LTE. But Fiddling around with it one handed or trying to text on it all the time wasn't even close to on point as it was on the 4S for me. The technology with these devices and all other Android devices no matter how many Quad Triple Core Processors there putting in aren't making that much of a difference. Im not finding the 5's camera really any better then the 4S. The biggest thing it has going for it is the LTE. The LTE is quick. But Pointless when your around Wifi 90% of your day. Plus, Im on Verizon where that's pretty strong in this whole area where I live and travel to and from. I don't play games on my phone, I don't do much data intensive stuff on my phone so the LTE isn't that big of a deal. It might have been with a 55" Android screened device, but not so much with the IPhone.

For Me, The stainless steel and glass on the 4S along with the weight and size make it a great device. I baby my electronics, I always have. Sometimes Lighter and thinner doesn't make things better. The feel and quality of the 5 wasn't a step up from the 4S in my opinion. I think it was a step down. The 5 construction reminds me of an Android. The 4S construction reminds me of a high end luxury device in my hands. The 4S for me hits that sweet spot.
    A lot of people feel exactly the same way as you do so don't think you're alone in liking the 4S better than the 5. I, too, was more than satisfied with the 4S and I won't hesitate to recommend it because it really is a solid device. Having said that, I've moved on to the iPhone 5 and I really like it and have no regrets about getting it. Heck, as I've stated numerous times, I regret not getting it sooner, but hey, that's how it is sometimes. Anyway, continue to enjoy your iPhone 4S because GOD knows I enjoyed mine. Take care, my friend...
    04-26-2013 10:01 AM
    If I can text faster on the 4S and am around Wifi 90% of my day, why is the 5 better? I got rid of the 5 and went back to the 4S. The Glass and Stainless steel, weight and size are bliss.
    The 5 is significantly more futureproof (well, by a year at least). When iOS8 or 9 rolls around, the 5 will probably be more likely to get all its features than the 4S. In the same way, the 5S (or whatever they call it) will get more new features for longer than the 5, repeat ad naseum.

Your 4S will be obsolete a year sooner than the 5, and won't get the same improvements that the 5 will get in later versions of iOS, because either 1. Apple will phase it out or 2. the hardware just won't be able to keep up.

Granted, you may like the look and feel of your 4S over the 5 now, but you're also going to be longing for whatever improvements iOS 8 and 9 (and maybe even 7) bring because it won't be on your phone.
    04-26-2013 03:50 PM
    I will agree with you that the weight of the iPhone 4S was nice. But I like the bigger screen, the LTE, and the lightning connector. I understand that you are wifi most if the time so LTE isn't that important to you. But it certainly is to me. I do think that the iPhone 5 looks better. Especially the white version.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2013 10:43 AM
    Hanging on to my 4S as long as possible even though I can upgrade in May. As many have said, I think the steel & glass look is awesome (I've got a clear case on it so I can enjoy the looks while it's protected), it feels awesome, and it runs great.

I may get a 5S, but still I'm going to hang onto my 4S and make use of it somehow, most likely for iPod duties plugged into my home theater sound.
    04-29-2013 09:26 AM
    Going for iphone 6 - iphone 5 wasnt impressive enough.

Sticking to 4s
    05-10-2013 07:25 AM
    Wasn't so much a choice for me.

Was only 1 year into my 2 year contract. My 4s still enjoyed the full benefits of ios6, and LTE and a bigger screen wasn't compelling enough to get me to fork over that stiff recontracting fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-26-2013 11:16 AM
    i had no upgrade there's no LTE in my area so i wouldn't have upgraded if i could. For me, LTE is the only compelling difference. Others may care about other things like the screen but it wasn't a big enough deal for me to pay a fee, plus the cost of a new 64gb phone.
    05-29-2013 03:17 AM
    My dad didn't want to pay an extra $100. At least the audio quality is better than the 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-17-2013 10:56 PM
    I think iPhone 4s is good as compared to the iPhone 5. Because iPhone 5 is wide and I don't like to have it that. Just not getting some better features but its okay to use the iPhone 4s.
    06-21-2013 02:12 AM
    I think iPhone 4s is good as compared to the iPhone 5. Because iPhone 5 is wide and I don't like to have it that. Just not getting some better features but its okay to use the iPhone 4s.
    The iPhone 5 is 'wide'? Huh?
    06-21-2013 08:55 AM
    I like the size and shape of the 4s over the 5 and went to AT&T with every intention of getting the 4s.

The rep somehow talked me into getting the 5. No regrets

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk
    Eileen89 likes this.
    06-21-2013 09:05 AM
    For the same reason i opted for the 4S over the i5. I agree with some people that the 4S build quality is greater than the i5. If you're going for LTE, then if LTE is left on, how much less battery would you conserve? The speed of 3G is sufficient for such a device unless you tether to a PC.

Moreover, the iPhone 4S external speaker trumps my other device which I shall not name. Not sure about the iPhone 5.

The way how I see the newer phones: The bigger screen smart phones are great sellers particularly the samsung galaxy series yes, but they're just too big for some. Some needs 2 hand to use and grab across screen to invoke an action within an app etc. The 3.5" screen coupled with the fast chip aka A5 is a small enough phone with a still wickedly still fast processor which will be the perfect tool to get things done. At this time, it's a handy little jackknife of phones if you will.

I still don't see the benefit of the iPhone 5 over the 4S in terms of speed. LTE...yeah overkill killing battery...out.
    06-28-2013 03:11 PM
92 1234