I would just have to Ditto what John said as I feel the same way. Am way off for an upgrade anyway but if I could upgrade tomorrow I would still not do it. Love my 4S.
    03-06-2013 01:51 PM
    I would never sign a 2 yr contract for dated technology! Sure you save a 100-150 upfront But you can make that up when you sell the latest (I5). I5 is a great device jmo!
    I explained this very thing to my 17-year old daughter, and although she understood, she still rejected it. Her heart was set on replacing her iPhone 4 with a 4S. She didn't think the 5 was "cute". UGH! I wanted to choke the snot out of her...(laughing).
    kataran likes this.
    03-06-2013 01:54 PM
    I explained this very thing to my 17-year old daughter, and although she understood, she still rejected it. Her heart was set on replacing her iPhone 4 with a 4S. She didn't think the 5 was "cute". UGH! I wanted to choke the snot out of her...(laughing).
    Wow I think the 5 looks way better jmo! Lol
    03-06-2013 03:46 PM
    so there's no need upgrading
    03-06-2013 03:47 PM
    I am using a 4S because it's stable and works just as well as the iPhone 5. I have no reason to switch to it yet, waiting on a later upgrade. or until the OS requires me to change to a newer device.
    I'm calling BS!! If you had a UG you'd be all over it! Lol!
    03-06-2013 04:25 PM
    I have a 4s becuase my contract is far from up. i have no compalints its a fantastic decice and does everying the '5 does basically. However if I had to choose I would choose the 5.
    03-06-2013 06:42 PM
    New to Apple and Iphone, bought the 4s because I heard so many good things about and must say I am impressed with how fluid the os is. Figured it be a great phone start with eventually move up, maybe 5s or 6.
    03-10-2013 08:49 AM
    New to Apple and Iphone, bought the 4s because I heard so many good things about and must say I am impressed with how fluid the os is. Figured it be a great phone start with eventually move up, maybe 5s or 6.
    Congratulations on your purchase of the 4S and I'm glad you like it thus far. Welcome aboard...
    taz323 likes this.
    03-10-2013 09:13 AM
    Just curious did you sign a 2 yr contract for the 4s? Welcome aboard so much useful info around in these forums! Enjoy!
    03-10-2013 09:55 AM
    Just curious did you sign a 2 yr contract for the 4s? Welcome aboard so much useful info around in these forums! Enjoy!
    Thank you, no I paid full price, I'm up in July and figured this would be a good way figure where I want to with the upgrade.
    03-10-2013 10:05 AM
    I got the 4S last November. It's my first iPhone. Chose the 4S over the 5 mainly because I had played around with my son and daughters 4S and liked the device and I wasn't sure I was going to like it as my daily device. I love it, it's been perfect. I have another upgrade available in the fall. I might jump to the 5S at that time.
    03-10-2013 12:19 PM
    I got the 4S last November. It's my first iPhone. Chose the 4S over the 5 mainly because I had played around with my son and daughters 4S and liked the device and I wasn't sure I was going to like it as my daily device. I love it, it's been perfect. I have another upgrade available in the fall. I might jump to the 5S at that time.
    That's what I'm thinking, use the upgrade for the 5s.
    03-10-2013 02:34 PM
    I chose the 4S over the 5 just because I couldn't find a 16GB 5 anywhere when I upgraded from my Galaxy Nexus to my iPhone. I wish I could have found a 16GB 5 though. I really miss the LTE and larger screen of my Galaxy Nexus (don't miss its crappy battery life though).
    03-11-2013 11:25 AM
    But it still isn't better than the 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Unless like myself, I prefer a 4:3 screen ratio. Smaller dimensions. 30 pin connector that works with all my other accessories, metal band with glass front and rear design language and headphones on the top. See folks latest isn't always better.
    03-23-2013 05:53 PM
    I find it funny the things that people "convince" themselves of when they want to. I'm pretty sure everyone on this site that has a 4s would have reached for the 5 if it was in their control. It's human nature, it's also human nature to rationalize everything so that all decisions, etc. fit into a nice neat little box. The 4S is a great device, but it's definitely no iPhone 5. Halfway through the upgrade cycle, I could understand waiting for the 5S but seriously to buy a 4S at this date and time, for any other reason than economical, your just kidding yourself.
    03-24-2013 12:44 PM
    I find it funny the things that people "convince" themselves of when they want to. I'm pretty sure everyone on this site that has a 4s would have reached for the 5 if it was in their control. It's human nature, it's also human nature to rationalize everything so that all decisions, etc. fit into a nice neat little box. The 4S is a great device, but it's definitely no iPhone 5. Halfway through the upgrade cycle, I could understand waiting for the 5S but seriously to buy a 4S at this date and time, for any other reason than economical, your just kidding yourself.
    Still making your preference universal. I know many people who would prefer a 4s over a 5 if both were free. My wife being one. I know it's hard to wrap your mind around the fact that some people don't like the iPhone 5 for aesthetic reasons.
    03-24-2013 04:55 PM
    Aside from the larger screen and LTE the 4s and the 5 are the same phones. Admit it people. I've got both and fail to see huge differences. I continue with my 5 because of my need for the latest tech. But I constantly encourage the 4s. Save your money. We don't have LTE where I live and the screen differences aren't worth the extra $100.
    03-25-2013 01:19 AM
    I have an iP5 and I gave my iP4s to my mom. Well I guess I just miss my old phone. 5 is really good and 4s as well. I'm so confused. hahahaha
    03-26-2013 04:31 AM
    Love the 4s, the 5 is a bit more awkward one handed, but for the bigger screen, LTE and the weight savings I will live with it.
    03-26-2013 06:11 AM
    I've never been a big fan of Apple but two days ago I bought my first iPhone. Just want to try it and see what all the fuzz is about. I come from a BlackBerry Bold 9900 so the bigger screen is definately appreciated. I chose the 4S. Here in Denmark contracts only runs 6 months so if I'm converted I can always upgrade later and I actually like the design way better on the 4/4S than on the 5.

A few thing made me choose the 4S over the 5.

- I like the design better
    - I like it's heavier
    - Don't really need the things the 5 offers over the 4S
    - Not an Apple fan so I didn't want to pay more than neccesary
    03-29-2013 01:17 PM
    I've never been a big fan of Apple but two days ago I bought my first iPhone. Just want to try it and see what all the fuzz is about. I come from a BlackBerry Bold 9900 so the bigger screen is definately appreciated. I chose the 4S. Here in Denmark contracts only runs 6 months so if I'm converted I can always upgrade later and I actually like the design way better on the 4/4S than on the 5.

A few thing made me choose the 4S over the 5.

- I like the design better
    - I like it's heavier
    - Don't really need the things the 5 offers over the 4S
    - Not an Apple fan so I didn't want to pay more than neccesary
    I like reading replies like yours because it displays 'your' preferences in an unbiased manner. Thank you...
    03-29-2013 01:32 PM
    i go with 5 i am loving it.
    04-09-2013 05:27 AM
    I don't know what to do!

been an iPhone user forever! (Had the 3 and 3g.. then finally upgraded to the 4S).. 2 weeks ago I actually upgraded and got the Samsung galaxy note 2.. and before my 2 weeks were up.. I felt like there was something missing (the phone was awesome don't get me wrong).. but I don't know what it was.. i returned it and am back to my 4S.. but still feel like something is missing.. I don't know if I should upgrade to the 5 or just wait for the iPhone 5s possibly 6? (or whatever rumors are out there)..

I think I'm just getting bored with my iPhone? but then the Note 2 was really too fancy.. lol I can't make up my mind. *sigh* someone help.. lol
    04-09-2013 09:48 PM
    I don't know what to do!

been an iPhone user forever! (Had the 3 and 3g.. then finally upgraded to the 4S).. 2 weeks ago I actually upgraded and got the Samsung galaxy note 2.. and before my 2 weeks were up.. I felt like there was something missing (the phone was awesome don't get me wrong).. but I don't know what it was.. i returned it and am back to my 4S.. but still feel like something is missing.. I don't know if I should upgrade to the 5 or just wait for the iPhone 5s possibly 6? (or whatever rumors are out there)..

I think I'm just getting bored with my iPhone? but then the Note 2 was really too fancy.. lol I can't make up my mind. *sigh* someone help.. lol
    Just wait for the 5S. It should be coming soon. I has the Note 2 for a while and I really liked the big screen and it was really fast, but in the end it really didn't donor for me. My iPhone 5 on the other hand has been awesome. No complaints whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-10-2013 02:59 AM
    LTE is so much faster than the basically unusable 3g that SE Michigan has(0.4mbps average).
    Why would you ever give up 4G LTE?
    04-10-2013 10:29 PM
92 1234