How many of U chose 4s over the 5

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I am using a 4S because it's stable and works just as well as the iPhone 5. I have no reason to switch to it yet, waiting on a later upgrade. or until the OS requires me to change to a newer device.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would just have to Ditto what John said as I feel the same way. Am way off for an upgrade anyway but if I could upgrade tomorrow I would still not do it. Love my 4S.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would never sign a 2 yr contract for dated technology! Sure you save a 100-150 upfront But you can make that up when you sell the latest (I5). I5 is a great device jmo!
I explained this very thing to my 17-year old daughter, and although she understood, she still rejected it. Her heart was set on replacing her iPhone 4 with a 4S. She didn't think the 5 was "cute". UGH! I wanted to choke the snot out of her...(laughing).

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I explained this very thing to my 17-year old daughter, and although she understood, she still rejected it. Her heart was set on replacing her iPhone 4 with a 4S. She didn't think the 5 was "cute". UGH! I wanted to choke the snot out of her...(laughing).

Wow I think the 5 looks way better jmo! Lol

vanadiumdroid

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4s becuase my contract is far from up. i have no compalints its a fantastic decice and does everying the '5 does basically. However if I had to choose I would choose the 5.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
New to Apple and Iphone, bought the 4s because I heard so many good things about and must say I am impressed with how fluid the os is. Figured it be a great phone start with eventually move up, maybe 5s or 6.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
New to Apple and Iphone, bought the 4s because I heard so many good things about and must say I am impressed with how fluid the os is. Figured it be a great phone start with eventually move up, maybe 5s or 6.

Congratulations on your purchase of the 4S and I'm glad you like it thus far. Welcome aboard...:D

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Just curious did you sign a 2 yr contract for the 4s? Welcome aboard so much useful info around in these forums! Enjoy!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Just curious did you sign a 2 yr contract for the 4s? Welcome aboard so much useful info around in these forums! Enjoy!

Thank you, no I paid full price, I'm up in July and figured this would be a good way figure where I want to with the upgrade.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got the 4S last November. It's my first iPhone. Chose the 4S over the 5 mainly because I had played around with my son and daughters 4S and liked the device and I wasn't sure I was going to like it as my daily device. I love it, it's been perfect. I have another upgrade available in the fall. I might jump to the 5S at that time.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I got the 4S last November. It's my first iPhone. Chose the 4S over the 5 mainly because I had played around with my son and daughters 4S and liked the device and I wasn't sure I was going to like it as my daily device. I love it, it's been perfect. I have another upgrade available in the fall. I might jump to the 5S at that time.

That's what I'm thinking, use the upgrade for the 5s.

smccloud

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I chose the 4S over the 5 just because I couldn't find a 16GB 5 anywhere when I upgraded from my Galaxy Nexus to my iPhone. I wish I could have found a 16GB 5 though. I really miss the LTE and larger screen of my Galaxy Nexus (don't miss its crappy battery life though).

brdl04

Banned
Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
But it still isn't better than the 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Unless like myself, I prefer a 4:3 screen ratio. Smaller dimensions. 30 pin connector that works with all my other accessories, metal band with glass front and rear design language and headphones on the top. See folks latest isn't always better.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I find it funny the things that people "convince" themselves of when they want to. I'm pretty sure everyone on this site that has a 4s would have reached for the 5 if it was in their control. It's human nature, it's also human nature to rationalize everything so that all decisions, etc. fit into a nice neat little box. The 4S is a great device, but it's definitely no iPhone 5. Halfway through the upgrade cycle, I could understand waiting for the 5S but seriously to buy a 4S at this date and time, for any other reason than economical, your just kidding yourself.