anyone has any wifi problem on iOS 6.1.1 on 4S?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I do. the 4S can not connect to the Wifi even with the correct password. When I enter the Wifi password on the 4S, it said invalid password, even when I know I type the password correctly and all my other devices are (iPhone 5, Blackberry, laptops) using the same password and can connect to the wifi.

I reset the router password, reset network settings on the 4S and still can not connect to the Wifi.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do. the 4S can not connect to the Wifi even with the correct password. When I enter the Wifi password on the 4S, it said invalid password, even when I know I type the password correctly and all my other devices are (iPhone 5, Blackberry, laptops) using the same password and can connect to the wifi.

I reset the router password, reset network settings on the 4S and still can not connect to the Wifi.

I'm not having any Wi-Fi related problems with my iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.1 whatsoever. Since you reset the network settings as well as the router password, verify that you do not have access control enabled via your wireless router. If you do, make sure you add the iPhone 4S to the list of approved devices. If you do not have access control enabled, you might want to connect your iPhone 4S to your computer and restore it as new and then try accessing your Wi-Fi network.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I do have access control enabled and the 4S is on the white list. All my devices are on the white list and they are working just fine except the 4S. Therefore I can conclude that it's not the wifi router problem. Just a note, this just happens today. I upgraded to 6.1.1 on the day it's available and it's working fine, bug starts just this evening for no reason.

I prefer not to do restore as new as it takes time. I wonder if anyone else are having issues with their wifi.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do have access control enabled and the 4S is on the white list. All my devices are on the white list and they are working just fine except the 4S. Therefore I can conclude that it's not the wifi router problem. Just a note, this just happens today. I upgraded to 6.1.1 on the day it's available and it's working fine, bug starts just this evening for no reason.

I prefer not to do restore as new as it takes time. I wonder if anyone else are having issues with their wifi.

Reboot your 4S AND your wireless router and see if that fixes the issue. If not, disable access control AND encryption and see if the 4S will connect. I suspect that it will. If it indeed connects, re-enable encryption and then see if it still connects. If it does, re-enable access control and go from there. If it does not, Change encryption keys. If you've tried all of these, my apologies.

Tech Singh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Found this blog.. its like the summary of all the issues of all the people regarding this issues.... the Fridge thing worked for a few days for me
techgoggles.in/index.php/wifi-issues-for-ios-6-and-temporary-fixes
:confused:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Found this blog.. its like the summary of all the issues of all the people regarding this issues.... the Fridge thing worked for a few days for me
techgoggles.in/index.php/wifi-issues-for-ios-6-and-temporary-fixes
:confused:

Fridge it: Some users posted on the forums that they sealed packed their iPhone, after shutting it down, and kept it in the fridge for some time, like 5 to 10 minutes. Then they brought it out and turned it on and the WiFi was working, this method is also used to fix battery problems.

LOL what a load of crap

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
just updated to 6.1.2 and wifi problem is fixed, for now... It was working on 6.1.1 until 2/15 then suddenly didn't work from 2/16 until today. not sure what happened but now it's working again.

Ken H2

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
i dont know who thought of putting the iphone in the fridge but it totally worked. my wifi has been dead on my phone for 2 months and 15 mins in a ziplock baggie in the fridge fixed it. i had tried everything but this was the only thing that worked. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Reboot your 4S AND your wireless router and see if that fixes the issue. If not, disable access control AND encryption and see if the 4S will connect. I suspect that it will. If it indeed connects, re-enable encryption and then see if it still connects. If it does, re-enable access control and go from there. If it does not, Change encryption keys. If you've tried all of these, my apologies.

I have this issue. I enter the password and it says incorrect. Now, if I diable the password in my router, then it WILL connect. What does this mean?

Even if a add new password and then try to login with my phone, it will still say incorrect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen