Transfer email/exchange settings from one iPhone to another iPhone.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
My dad is adding another iPhone to his account, the iPhone 5, and he would rather not have to waste time getting his works techs to transfer all his email, exchange, outlook and other settings. He is trying to basically get all his emails, outlook contacts, and exchange contacts and he is not very tech literate. Is there an easy way to do this without me driving from Houston to Dallas? I am personally not Apple literate but I do know how to view settings and re-type them in on the new phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My dad is adding another iPhone to his account, the iPhone 5, and he would rather not have to waste time getting his works techs to transfer all his email, exchange, outlook and other settings. He is trying to basically get all his emails, outlook contacts, and exchange contacts and he is not very tech literate. Is there an easy way to do this without me driving from Houston to Dallas? I am personally not Apple literate but I do know how to view settings and re-type them in on the new phone.

Tell him to back up his old iPhone via iTunes or iCloud, if applicable, and then when he sets up his iPhone 5, tell him to select restore from a backup when prompted.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Tell him to back up his old iPhone via iTunes or iCloud, if applicable, and then when he sets up his iPhone 5, tell him to select restore from a backup when prompted.
Does this work with a different phone number? Like I said I am new to Apple. He will have 2 iPhone's after this on 2 different lines he basically wants to duplicate the first on the second.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does this work with a different phone number? Like I said I am new to Apple. He will have 2 iPhone's after this on 2 different lines he basically wants to duplicate the first on the second.

Restoring a backup from a previous iPhone to a new iPhone will have no affect in regard to the phone number. He is basically copying the settings, accounts & layout from one device to the other.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner