HELP! My iphone is disabled due to a duplicate passcode.

dtrm7891

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I hope I don't look stupid on this one...but my iphone is locked and disabled. Here's what I think I may have done to make this happen: today, for Christmas, I was given an ipad mini. In the process of seTting the ipad up, I decided to use the same passcode to lock the ipad mini as the one I use on my iphone 4s. The passcode worked fine on the ipad, but when I tried it to use my phone, not so much. I have made a couple of attempts to get back into my phone but no luck. Please help!! :confused:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand—I can't see any reason why using the same passcode would have any effect at all. That said, if you're really locked out all you can do is restore.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand—I can't see any reason why using the same passcode would have any effect at all. That said, if you're really locked out all you can do is restore.

Exactly. I have the same passcode on my iPad 3, my iPad Mini and my iPhone 5. It was also used on my iPod until I gave it to one of my grandkids. Using the same passcode on multiple devices is NOT the problem.

We need more details from the OP as to what he did that may have caused the problem so we can try to help him solve it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The OP "probably" mis-typed the passcode and after several failed attempts to enter what he or she thought was the correct passcode, the iPhone displayed the disabled alert and possibly asked that it be connected to iTunes, but as stated above, all the OP has to do is restore the device.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The OP "probably" mis-typed the passcode and after several failed attempts to enter what he or she thought was the correct passcode, the iPhone displayed the disabled alert and possibly asked that it be connected to iTunes, but as stated above, all the OP has to do is restore the device.

Well was going to say the same thing... Too many incorrect passcode attempts and the OP got locked out. Do as instructed and you will be back in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro