Alarm fails (sometimes)

bobishinga

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same problem.

Solution:
When you create a new alarm, there will be some options at the top of the menu where you choose the time. One will say "sound". Somehow, your sound switch was turned off. Simply change the sound.

benjimen

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Unless you flip the mute switch -- doesn't matter which 3rd party alarm you use, it won't make a sound :-(

Thanks though for stopping by ;-)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Bringing this thread back up..

I did some other testing as the past couple days.. The alarm was on the screen but no sound.

It seems to be when I have things scheduled via Exchange in calendar.

So I removed those future events and now the alarm goes off and alerts me to wake up..

Odd but this has to be a calendar bug... Since the events are even set to not alert me via calendar settings.

benjimen

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Odd -- mine works fine regardless of my Exchange settings. I just don't fully trust my iPhone's alarm -- it'll work fine for a while, then there'll be that one time it doesn't wake you up...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Odd -- mine works fine regardless of my Exchange settings. I just don't fully trust my iPhone's alarm -- it'll work fine for a while, then there'll be that one time it doesn't wake you up...

Mine has yet to fail me regardless of the events I have in my calendar as well, and hopefully, that will continue to be the case.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
If you all would not mind, setting a event to go off 1 hour before your alarm. Or heck event test the alarm and see if it goes off the same day the event is scheduled. Again 1 hour before is what mien was set as..

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know... It's odd. I never had a cell phone fail at alarm until the iPhone. I caved and I bought an iHome alarm clock and have been doing ok since.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you all would not mind, setting a event to go off 1 hour before your alarm. Or heck event test the alarm and see if it goes off the same day the event is scheduled. Again 1 hour before is what mien was set as..
I'll test it out for you later, John. I'm on my way out the door to take care of some things. I'll get back with you when I'm done.

Eskander Awada

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I just experienced yet another epic iPhone five fail on iOS 6.1. This just happened to me and I should of learned from my mistakes from the past but i thought previously I was doing something wrong but i absolutely verified this is an apple bug this morning. Like I've done many tines before, I either activate an existing preset alarm or create a new type "Alarm". Even though I set the alarm from Off to On, the next morning it goes back to Off!!! For this reason I was late to work once again thanks to Apple alarm bug. I have other alarm apps but I thought why trust a "third party app" over Apple. OMG, what a mistake this was!!! Never again will I trust them.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just experienced yet another epic iPhone five fail on iOS 6.1. This just happened to me and I should of learned from my mistakes from the past but i thought previously I was doing something wrong but i absolutely verified this is an apple bug this morning. Like I've done many tines before, I either activate an existing preset alarm or create a new type "Alarm". Even though I set the alarm from Off to On, the next morning it goes back to Off!!! For this reason I was late to work once again thanks to Apple alarm bug. I have other alarm apps but I thought why trust a "third party app" over Apple. OMG, what a mistake this was!!! Never again will I trust them.

I'm sorry you were late for work because of the alarm failure, but I don't know what to tell you. I have yet to experience a failure with my alarm on my iPhone 5 and it never failed me when I had my 4S. I have tried various things to get it to fail, but I could not. The alarm on my device worked every time.

Last edited:

Damien Orantes

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever get a solution to this? I didn't see any on this thread. I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1, but the sound has been failing sporadically, my phone vibrates, but there's no sound, I've noticed on some occasions that if I reboot before I go to sleep it'll work, but not all the time, it just failed this morning, luckily the vibration woke me up this time.

IXInaplesIXI

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same issues. I just have the phone sitting on the night stand playing music through the ipod on the phone as low as I can. And the alarm always works BUT when I have some notifications (email,text,ect) thats when I look at my phone and it says the alarm is going off but nothing is happening. The alarm always works unless I have some sort of notification and music playing in the background. Dont know how resolve it but thats what Ive found. I dont change anything and the next day it works fine. Just thought I would share.

Fawn Fox

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had this randomly happen to me frequently just recently. For example, this morning. My alarm did not go off, however, it did vibrate! Luckily I just happened to wake up on time before the alarm was to go off. I also notice sometimes when I am using my car with my 4S iPhone and want to listen to something on YouTube it will show it's playing, but again, no sound! Grr.:crying:

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
A few weeks ago I decided to start using my phone instead of an alarm clock. Didn't go off once the first week and I was late to work. It's worked since. I will probably go back to my alarm clock since I don't completely trust the phone to work (especially after reading this thread).

Adam Salazar

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend had a big day today in which she was being evaluated for a promotion and her alarm never made a peep. So frustrating. She has a recurring alarm based on the day of the week, and it works every day other than today, and it has happened maybe once or twice before also. Another poster said that if the mute button was pressed it would not sound, but this is incorrect, I've tested it and the alarm with still sound?loud and clear?even when mute is on. I DID see a calendar event in the lock-screen notifications when we looked at it (as another poster said could cause issues), and there were numerous other notifications queued as well (as another said would silence the alarm). The facts: This did happen. Nobody hit snooze. There is an alarm that works every time, every week, except when it really counted. How do we solve this?!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This did happen. Nobody hit snooze. There is an alarm that works every time, every week, except when it really counted. How do we solve this?!

Get an extra alarm or two. I use my phone, my iHome and an alarm clock just in case one fails. The hospital I work at has parking for about half the employees and I don't want to have to park a mile away and walk back if I oversleep.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have pin pointed it to messages waiting. Or calendar events right before alarm goes off. Seems if there is some alert. It will not allow alarm to go off

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2