wakes me up daily at 0400 hrs.
    03-22-2013 01:06 PM
    If you all would not mind, setting a event to go off 1 hour before your alarm. Or heck event test the alarm and see if it goes off the same day the event is scheduled. Again 1 hour before is what mien was set as..
    03-22-2013 02:32 PM
    I don't know... It's odd. I never had a cell phone fail at alarm until the iPhone. I caved and I bought an iHome alarm clock and have been doing ok since.
    03-22-2013 02:43 PM
    If you all would not mind, setting a event to go off 1 hour before your alarm. Or heck event test the alarm and see if it goes off the same day the event is scheduled. Again 1 hour before is what mien was set as..
    I'll test it out for you later, John. I'm on my way out the door to take care of some things. I'll get back with you when I'm done.
    03-22-2013 02:55 PM
    I just experienced yet another epic iPhone five fail on iOS 6.1. This just happened to me and I should of learned from my mistakes from the past but i thought previously I was doing something wrong but i absolutely verified this is an apple bug this morning. Like I've done many tines before, I either activate an existing preset alarm or create a new type "Alarm". Even though I set the alarm from Off to On, the next morning it goes back to Off!!! For this reason I was late to work once again thanks to Apple alarm bug. I have other alarm apps but I thought why trust a "third party app" over Apple. OMG, what a mistake this was!!! Never again will I trust them.
    04-25-2013 06:28 AM
    I just experienced yet another epic iPhone five fail on iOS 6.1. This just happened to me and I should of learned from my mistakes from the past but i thought previously I was doing something wrong but i absolutely verified this is an apple bug this morning. Like I've done many tines before, I either activate an existing preset alarm or create a new type "Alarm". Even though I set the alarm from Off to On, the next morning it goes back to Off!!! For this reason I was late to work once again thanks to Apple alarm bug. I have other alarm apps but I thought why trust a "third party app" over Apple. OMG, what a mistake this was!!! Never again will I trust them.
    I'm sorry you were late for work because of the alarm failure, but I don't know what to tell you. I have yet to experience a failure with my alarm on my iPhone 5 and it never failed me when I had my 4S. I have tried various things to get it to fail, but I could not. The alarm on my device worked every time.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 08-07-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    04-25-2013 09:16 AM
    Did you ever get a solution to this? I didn't see any on this thread. I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1, but the sound has been failing sporadically, my phone vibrates, but there's no sound, I've noticed on some occasions that if I reboot before I go to sleep it'll work, but not all the time, it just failed this morning, luckily the vibration woke me up this time.
    04-25-2013 12:45 PM
    I have had the same issues. I just have the phone sitting on the night stand playing music through the ipod on the phone as low as I can. And the alarm always works BUT when I have some notifications (email,text,ect) thats when I look at my phone and it says the alarm is going off but nothing is happening. The alarm always works unless I have some sort of notification and music playing in the background. Dont know how resolve it but thats what Ive found. I dont change anything and the next day it works fine. Just thought I would share.
    06-28-2013 08:07 AM
    I've had this randomly happen to me frequently just recently. For example, this morning. My alarm did not go off, however, it did vibrate! Luckily I just happened to wake up on time before the alarm was to go off. I also notice sometimes when I am using my car with my 4S iPhone and want to listen to something on YouTube it will show it's playing, but again, no sound! Grr.
    08-07-2013 12:37 PM
    A few weeks ago I decided to start using my phone instead of an alarm clock. Didn't go off once the first week and I was late to work. It's worked since. I will probably go back to my alarm clock since I don't completely trust the phone to work (especially after reading this thread).
    08-07-2013 01:06 PM
    My girlfriend had a big day today in which she was being evaluated for a promotion and her alarm never made a peep. So frustrating. She has a recurring alarm based on the day of the week, and it works every day other than today, and it has happened maybe once or twice before also. Another poster said that if the mute button was pressed it would not sound, but this is incorrect, I've tested it and the alarm with still soundloud and cleareven when mute is on. I DID see a calendar event in the lock-screen notifications when we looked at it (as another poster said could cause issues), and there were numerous other notifications queued as well (as another said would silence the alarm). The facts: This did happen. Nobody hit snooze. There is an alarm that works every time, every week, except when it really counted. How do we solve this?!
    10-16-2013 03:12 PM
    This did happen. Nobody hit snooze. There is an alarm that works every time, every week, except when it really counted. How do we solve this?!
    Get an extra alarm or two. I use my phone, my iHome and an alarm clock just in case one fails. The hospital I work at has parking for about half the employees and I don't want to have to park a mile away and walk back if I oversleep.
    10-16-2013 03:42 PM
    Call Apple support.
    10-16-2013 08:51 PM
    I have pin pointed it to messages waiting. Or calendar events right before alarm goes off. Seems if there is some alert. It will not allow alarm to go off
    10-16-2013 08:55 PM
    No problem with the alarm here.
    10-18-2013 01:57 AM
    Do you have sound effects on? If not the symptoms you describe occur.
    01-27-2014 03:18 PM
    Anyone have trouble with their alarm? On occasion, I wake up and see that the phone says "alarm press to snooze" on the screen but it is not vibrating or making any alert sounds. This has caused me to oversleep a few times. Since I have had the phone since release in October 2011 I would say this has happened about 5-6 times on a host of different OS versions. I have done complete backup/restores a few times since I have had the phone. For a while this lack of faith I have had in the app caused me to go for an outside clock/alarm app, but I do prefer the internal one as long as it works.
    09-30-2015 06:14 PM
    This happens to me loads of times on my ipod 5, I wake up late because it hasn't gone off and the screen says slide to snooze, the only way I saw around it was to use another alarm, I use my iPod one and my phone alarm to be on the safe side.
    09-30-2015 06:17 PM
43 12