Iphone won't charge past 1%

phstratton

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This iphone will not charge past 1%, but when you take it off the charger it lasts almost the whole day, so I'm led to believe it's actually holding a charge just not properly recognizing how much charge it has. I attempted to do a hard reset and the phone shut off, and now it will not power back on because it believes it only has 1% battery. Is there a way to get it to come back on? Is this a common issue? Thanks!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
may be a little extreme but you may try doing a Restore as New (via iTunes) and if problem persists after that then more than likely it is hardware related

or you can just make an appointment with a genius at your local Apple store

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This iphone will not charge past 1%, but when you take it off the charger it lasts almost the whole day, so I'm led to believe it's actually holding a charge just not properly recognizing how much charge it has. I attempted to do a hard reset and the phone shut off, and now it will not power back on because it believes it only has 1% battery. Is there a way to get it to come back on? Is this a common issue? Thanks!
Let me ask you this? When you have your phone shut off and won't turn back on as you stated have you tried to plug it back in to the USB on your computer or wall outlet USB whichever way you are charging to see if that kicks it on? This is the way when I let my 4S shut down once a week when I let the battery die, I just plug it into the wall and it turns back on and starts charging. Try that and then if not you might use the suggestion that Blink provided you. Good luck and let us know and one more thing, You obviously have your usage meter on so you can try and turn that off and then back on after a full charge if you can charge it and see what it reads.
may be a little extreme but you may try doing a Restore as New (via iTunes) and if problem persists after that then more than likely it is hardware related

or you can just make an appointment with a genius at your local Apple store

Blink... Good advice and I would do the same thing if what I offered to the OP does not work. have a good one.

Emmanuel Okoye

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh