How to leave the mail as UNREAD after I opened it in mail?

blackbirdz

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have my gmail account set up in my iPhone 4S. Everytime I view a message in my iPhone that message is being marked as read by gmail or the phone. Is there anyway to leave it as UNREAD when viewed by iPhone? I travel a lot, read mail using iPhone and reply using PC. When I use the PC I want to make sure that all those mails left UNREAD so I know that I have to reply it.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
after you read it, you can coose edit, and it'll give you the option to mark it. Then it'll give you the option to mark it as unread. I use this feature all the time with emails that I don't want to forget about if I can't respond to them right away.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the latest Gmail app for my gmail and in it, all I do is tap on the down arrow in the upper right corner and then select "mark as Unread". Having said that, on the device's default email app, the procedure *should* be the same as with iCloud, but I'm not certain of it. Anyway, after you've read the message, return to the inbox. In the upper right corner, you should see "Edit". Select it and then tap on the blank circle in front of the message you want to mark as unread. Now select "Mark" in the bottom right corner of the screen and then select "Mark as Unread". Hopefully, that will work for you.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I also have gmail and use the native email program and am trying the new gmail app D mentioned before me and in both programs as previously stated you can "Flag" the email or "Mark As Unread" just the way both previous answers gave you, Very quick and easy. Good luck.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the latest Gmail app for my gmail and in it, all I do is tap on the down arrow in the upper right corner and then select "mark as Unread". Having said that, on the device's default email app, the procedure *should* be the same as with iCloud, but I'm not certain of it. Anyway, after you've read the message, return to the inbox. In the upper right corner, you should see "Edit". Select it and then tap on the blank circle in front of the message you want to mark as unread. Now select "Mark" in the bottom right corner of the screen and then select "Mark as Unread". Hopefully, that will work for you.

'D you are right that the procedure is the same as iCloud. Have a good one buddy boy.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're using the native app it's easiest to do it from within the mail itself:

Photo Dec 07, 7 52 31 PM.jpg

If you want to do a bunch at once, then the Inbox>Edit method is the way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2