ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
hey gut's I use gmail as my email but don't really like the way it handles it. you either can you delete it off the phone and leave it on the server
or would hot mail handle it better.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your post is very vague. If you set up gmail via the gmail setup, try setting it up via The Microsoft Exchange setup and see if it handles your gmail to your liking. Also, you can always download the gmail app, Sparrow or another 3rd party app that can access your gmail and you can also access it via a web browser.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No matter how you set it up if you don't go into your actual gmail account and tell it to remove from server upon deletion it won't when you delete from your phone. I use gmail as my one and only email as well and have mine set up as regular gmail, not through Microsoft exchange and it handles fine and when I truly delete and email it also deletes from the server as well. Hope this helps and let us know what you decided to do.

Bengalfan1

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have my Gmail setup on my phone as regular Gmail through the mail app too. I also have the Archive Messages option on "off". Would you still recommend going into the actual Gmail account and telling it remove from server upon deletion?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Set up as exchange then go to m.google.com/sync and tell it to delete vs archive aka moving to all mail folder

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
well basically I was looking foe a way to delete email from the phone but leave a copy on the computer so it can be read later.
i didn't see an option to leave it on the server in gmail.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
well basically I was looking foe a way to delete email from the phone but leave a copy on the computer so it can be read later.
i didn't see an option to leave it on the server in gmail.

Set up as exchange when you delete on phone it stays on sever under all mail folder

AmandaKess22

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Set up as exchange when you delete on phone it stays on sever under all mail folder

^This. Not to be rude but, in future posts you should really try to proofread. It was hard to decipher your issue.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
^This. Not to be rude but, in future posts you should really try to proofread. It was hard to decipher your issue.

Hmm I don't have a issue and the answer seems fine to me and the op has not replied so I assume they understood it fine

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2