AT&T voice mail not coming to phone?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing at least an hour or more delay (if you ever get the message at all) on voice mail the last few days? It's bad today esp. I called myself from work and left a test message at 3pm and its almost 6 and I still don't have it. I have two work calls from clients that I got one message from after I called their number back. The other call I still don't have the message. Both callers emailed to let me know they left me messages as well.

I have shut down and powered the phone back on, and reset the network settings and so far no change. So I wanted to make sure that was not just me, or if it was network wide.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing at least an hour or more delay (if you ever get the message at all) on voice mail the last few days? It's bad today esp. I called myself from work and left a test message at 3pm and its almost 6 and I still don't have it. I have two work calls from clients that I got one message from after I called their number back. The other call I still don't have the message. Both callers emailed to let me know they left me messages as well.

I have shut down and powered the phone back on, and reset the network settings and so far no change. So I wanted to make sure that was not just me, or if it was network wide.

Have you tried the obvious and call AT&T and ask them if they are having problems on their end or have you recently changed anything in your voice mailbox as far as delivery to your phone.? I would call AT&T though.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have spoken to the engineers that are dealing with my "situation" and both said nothing that they knew of and they would both look into it and check back with me. Ill call again tomorrow since they're both gone for the day. I have not called through the system to get a regular tech though. And my husband knows of no outages either.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have spoken to the engineers that are dealing with my "situation" and both said nothing that they knew of and they would both look into it and check back with me. Ill call again tomorrow since they're both gone for the day. I have not called through the system to get a regular tech though. And my husband knows of no outages either.

Well I would personally do 2 things

1-call AT&T Tech Support yourself and ask them to look into it and maybe they can troubleshoot over the phone, Make sure you use a Landline and not your phone.

2- Try and setup your voice mail over again from scratch using a Landline and see what that does but I would opt to call Tech Support first. Best of luck and let us know.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I am going to just go through the tech support. The engineers cannot find an issue with the system. Though we are all thinking it's about "that time again" so I might end up with a new phone again, bec everyone's pointing at the damn phone again. I sure wish someone would find the weak link in this drama so I could not have a new phone every few weeks to set up and put a new damn screen protector on. I also would like to upgrade to the 5 but til they find the problem that's not happening.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope not yet. Right now they're blaming Apple hardware. I am going to call again later today and try and get another tech.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope not yet. Right now they're blaming Apple hardware. I am going to call again later today and try and get another tech.

One other item I had failed to mention although I still think it has to be an AT&T issue with their side or your voice mail box that needs to be set up by YOU all over again from scratch to see if this helps and do it from a land line. Itf this does not work call Apple Tech support to see if they can lend a hand, that is also what their tech dept. is for.

As john asked please let us know what happens as we would like to know. We both Have Verizon and have at least me no voice mail problems at all as far as the visual voice mail.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, did they explain how so?

Anyone else on AT&T having this issue?

One other item I had failed to mention although I still think it has to be an AT&T issue with their side or your voice mail box that needs to be set up by YOU all over again from scratch to see if this helps and do it from a land line. Itf this does not work call Apple Tech support to see if they can lend a hand, that is also what their tech dept. is for.

As john asked please let us know what happens as we would like to know. We both Have Verizon and have at least me no voice mail problems at all as far as the visual voice mail.

I am going to work with one of the Apple Engineers on this and go through escalated tech support. Going through the ATT system is not getting me anywhere.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am going to work with one of the Apple Engineers on this and go through escalated tech support. Going through the ATT system is not getting me anywhere.

I have got to say ame that I have never heard of anything like this at all. You never mentioned to me though it is hard to believe that your carrier cannot rectify this I would still try and set up your voice mail box all over again like it is the first time you ever did it from a land line to see if something you did when you made your recording if you did corrupted something or is blocking something.

If this does not work then I would work with the genius bar as mentioned before and or AppleCare tech Support. Once again let us know what happens.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
There's threads around about other issues, but this is a 15 month ongoing drama. The carrier has NO idea what is going on, it started when my iPhone4 got stolen.

GlennRuss

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I am on AT&T, using a 4S, and have not had an issue. I agree with others, reset your voice mail from scratch. I did have an issue of wifi dropping all the time, and only cellular being used. I turned off the cellular so it would not eat up data when streaming music. iOS 6.0.1 seemed to fix this. I would think it is on AT&T's side, reference the voice mail problem.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That has been done and has not solved the issue.

I have got to say and please don't take this the wrong way, Not intended that way... many of us have offered solutions for you to try and you have never mentioned anything to us about doing these things besides talking to engineers when NOBODY else is having these problems. Please getr in touch with tech support with your carrier and insist to be escalated to the highest level you can or do what I suggested and redo your voicemail and start over setting it up or just drop it.

Thank you and best of luck to you.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't take this "the wrong way?" Too late!

1) I have spent a total, over the last 15 months, more than 117 (yes ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN) hours on the phone with AT&T tech support and engineers, like ACTUAL engineers, top ranking, making major money, radio frequency etc, engineers working on this and other issues that have been occurring since my iPhone4 was stolen in Sept 2011. I have a "dedicated" vice president of customer experience that I contact through three different phone numbers and even his personal email address as well as his work address, and the contact information for two others within the ranks that all convene for updates. I send weekly updates with dates and times and locations of every "loss of service". I have spent entire days and entire weekends running traceroutes, testing calls in and outbound while they sat at my dining table, my work desk, in front of my home, my parents home, my inlaws home, my place of work, my husbands place of work, several friends homes, several locations I frequent, running test calls and data. No one can find the problem. No one thinks it's their fault, it's always someone else's fault, some other department's fault.

2) I have driven 3,311 miles round trip between Apple and AT&T stores and offices getting new SIM cards, new phones and dealing with Genii and various techs and sales people at offices and stores within my home area and others and spent a significant amount on gas to get my vehicle there in the meantime. In addition to paying my nearly $250 monthly bill on time every month like every other customer of the company.

3) I have reset and redone my voicemail a grand total of 33 times prior to just this last month, in which I have done so 6 times, after going from bottom tier techs to top tier techs to engineers, to RF techs and engineers to urgent care techs. All of which to appease each new tech who thinks the last tech has done it wrong.

4) I have had 2 new accounts and 2 new phone numbers set up in an attempt to find the error and have run through all of the testing associated with it, hoping to find all of the issues.

I am VERY WELL AWARE that "NOBODY ELSE" is having these issues. I am also very well aware that it's related to the theft of my phone, which occurred when some jacka$$ stuck his douchey little hand in my purse and took it out while I was having dinner. This is not how I want to spend my days.

I posted this thread in an attempt to see if this was yet another issue related to my situation or if the ATT voicemail system was down. And judging by the response, it was another issue, so thanks for the judgement and obnoxious response. Ill continue to do what I was already doing which is not "just drop it".

Last edited:

aquaspiral

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi~~ I'm just letting you know that both me and my roommate have the same issues with our iphones--it just started this week. We both can access our voicemail boxes by pressing and holding 1, but there are no voicemail notifications and the visual voicemails are delayed by days and sometimes not gotten at all. We both tried resetting network and "all" and nothing has helped. We are both frustrated too >__< We haven't gone to AT&T yet as this is a new issue, but will soon. We both also have different Iphones--> mine is a 4s and hers is a 3. This is really frustrating.

NW PENTAX

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 that I have had since launch on AT&T. I too have been having issues with my visual voicemail being majorly delayed without notifications. Usually by the time I realize I got any voicemails, there are several stacked up from earlier in the day or maybe the day prior. I have not contacted AT&T yet concerning this issue as I have just researched it to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing. I will be calling tech support tomorrow or Monday to try to get ahold of them about this.

Also, this is the 3rd iPhone I have had on this same phone line and I have never had any issue like this before now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner