4s or 5

Slayers

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there any reason I should go with the 4s over the 5 for my first time on IOS?

I will be getting of my Razr so if I went with the 4s the only thing I would lose out on would be the LTE

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Cost would be the only reason I can think of to go with a 4s over a 5. If cost is not an issue I would say go with the 5.

... and that is really relative when you consider the actual cost of the contract. Another $100 or $200 (based on memory needs) up front for the latest/greatest iPhone is a relatively minor fee against a $2500-$3000 contract. IMO get the 5.

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend iPhone 4S with no doubt over the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 is from my point of view the worst iPhone yet. But the iPhone 4S is the perfection of the iPhone 4. Sorry you guys but I would never buy an iPhone that can get ding , scratches or get discolored with time and there I'm not talking about the battery inside because seriously Apple is laughing at us. And the incell touch screen tech what a mess the phone freeze. That was my recommendation, the iPhone 4S has a good battery life, is very stable and a its one the most solid phone. And for those who say: yes but the 4 and the 4S get shattered, well put a darn case it won't happen unless you want to use it nude. 😈

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If money is not a problem, go with the latest, and that is the iPhone 5. If, however, finances are an issue, don't hesitate to get the 4S. I think you'll be happy with either device. :). Good luck on your purchase whichever it is and have a nice day.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hate to beat a dead horse but I'm with everyone else, if $$ isn't an issue go with the 5. 4S is still a great device for $99.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there any reason I should go with the 4s over the 5 for my first time on IOS?

I will be getting of my Razr so if I went with the 4s the only thing I would lose out on would be the LTE

The 5 is the better option but If money is an issue, consider the 4s.

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Having just went through this same thing about a month ago, I went with the 4S, but then I was buying two devices not one. If you can afford it, get the 5. That being said, I didn't think that an extra inch of screen and a new connector was worth the difference in price. Also, IMHO Apple gets it right with the "s" devices, which fixes all the bugs from the initial release.

All things considered, you will be getting a great device. Just do some research and check the forums here. I am happy with my 4S, and am glad I went the way I did.

Slayers

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been checking around and it seems to be very hard to choose what I want. What keeps me from really jumping right now is the thought that if I get a 4s the 5s might be coming out right around the corner and I will be locked into this phone for a while while everyone is able to enjoy the next great thing.

I like the looks of the 4s better and the screen size on the 5 does not really look like that much of a difference between the 2

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been checking around and it seems to be very hard to choose what I want. What keeps me from really jumping right now is the thought that if I get a 4s the 5s might be coming out right around the corner and I will be locked into this phone for a while while everyone is able to enjoy the next great thing.

I like the looks of the 4s better and the screen size on the 5 does not really look like that much of a difference between the 2

These were my thoughts exactly. I do not regret my decision to get the 4S. It is one h-e double hockey sticks of a device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is the way it is and is not going to ever change. Everything is outdated shortly after it is introduced, sold & purchased and if you keep focusing on it, you will never make a purchase. ;)

Opinions vary and the most important opinion is your own. Having said that, my initial recommendation stand. Get the iPhone 5 if you can, but don't hesitate to get the 4S if that is the route you're considering.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You can't jailbreak the 5 the 4s you can the 4s is more stable the 5 have wifi issues, bad batterylife, and most of the apps don't have a full screen for the 5 and all of the upgrades the 5 gets the 4s will have

Tapatalking up in ya

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
You can't jailbreak the 5 the 4s you can the 4s is more stable the 5 have wifi issues, bad batterylife, and most of the apps don't have a full screen for the 5 and all of the upgrades the 5 gets the 4s will have

probably important to point out depending on which iOS they have on the 4S will determine if they're going to have to deal with a Tethered JB or not

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Get the 5. The 4s is already a year outdated and so when you're able to upgrade, you'll be 3 years behind the curve.

The 5 has 4G, the larger screen, much faster processing, and better cameras. There's no reason not to get the 5.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Get the 5. The 4s is already a year outdated and so when you're able to upgrade, you'll be 3 years behind the curve.

The 5 has 4G, the larger screen, much faster processing, and better cameras. There's no reason not to get the 5.

Not to mention, lighter, and in most cases better phone reception :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox