iPhone 4S 6.01 sound issues

KJowers

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The issue I'm having is that the iPhone will not allow the selection of any custom tones or pre-installed tones other than the "horn" sound. This only effects the selection of text/email notifications. Ring tones work fine. This occurred after an iTunes wipe of the phone and restore of the system due to VERY bad battery problems. Battery issue is resolved, but now I have the sound problems. And yes, the sound settings are all set appropriately and the select button on the side of the phone is set to sound, not vibrate. Any ideas other than get a new phone? 6.01 has been buggy as hell ..........

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting the device. If that doesn't work, connect it to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app and restore as NEW. This will allow for a full wipe and ful re-install of iOS 6.0.1. I highly doubt it is a hardware issue being that you can hear other tones.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Failing that, when you connect the device to iTunes verify that the said tones are STILL on the device. Maybe iTunes\iPhone don't see them anymore. Hence you can select them...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did all of that, no dice. I'll double check Itunes and see if the sounds aren't on there.

Do it again! Your issue, in my opinion, is software related. You did state that you are having problems with custom AND pre-installed sounds except for the horn sound. Resetting your device & restoring as new *should* re-install everything that is suppose to be pre-installed. Yes, restoring as new can be an inconvenience, but it is worth it, in my opinion. I'd rather spend a short period of time making my device like new than spend days trying to fix something in which the cause is unknown.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro