6.0.1 and the 4s

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My 4S running iOS 6.0.1 is running quite well and my battery life is conducive to my manner of use. ..:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I also just upgraded yesterday and I LOVE the new layout and added features. So far my battery is doing fine according to my usage as well !! :) I even used my Passbook for my Walgreens card this evening for the first time:D

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I also just upgraded yesterday and I LOVE the new layout and added features. So far my battery is doing fine according to my usage as well !! :) I even used my Passbook for my Walgreens card this evening for the first time:D

still havent used passbook :-(( what are the new features on the upgrade?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Good evening, Pink. Now that you're using your Passbook app, feel free to load it up with various coupons directly from Coupons.com.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sweet thanks for the coupon.com tip. Going there in a minute.

You're very welcome. :cool: If you view the website with your iPhone's Safari browser, all you will have to do is select "add to Passbook" and the coupon will automatically be installed. They will be blue in color and to view the ones you save to your Passbook, simply swipe from side to side. Take care and have a great evening...:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
still havent used passbook :-(( what are the new features on the upgrade?
there are 200 new features added in iOS6. I don't know all of them, although I can tell you a few of my favorite so far are the new color layout, Do Not Disturb, when a call comes in there are options to redirect the call or send a msg., the new app store layout ui. As far as Passbook goes, I only have the Walgreens one I can use.
Good evening, Pink. Now that you're using your Passbook app, feel free to load it up with various coupons directly from Coupons.com.
You're very welcome. :cool: If you view the website with your iPhone's Safari browser, all you will have to do is select "add to Passbook" and the coupon will automatically be installed. They will be blue in color and to view the ones you save to your Passbook, simply swipe from side to side. Take care and have a great evening...:)
Woo Hoo!! Thanks D :D I'll check this out and see what coupons I can add to the Walgreens Passbook app. Thanks for the tip !!

Have a nice night:)

EDIT: quick question D. I would imagine that you need to check coupons.com every few days for news ones?

I just added 2 for myself, Ulta and Coach Factory Store :D

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The Target app is finally fixed and has mobile coupons available to add to Passbook.
They said they update new coupons weekly. Check the My Target tab n the Target app then mobile coupons.
Coupons.com/passbook as mentioned by JMD above is the best for Passbook coupons. New ones every couple of days.
Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...snipped...
EDIT: quick question D. I would imagine that you need to check coupons.com every few days for news ones?

I just added 2 for myself, Ulta and Coach Factory Store :D
Yes. I have the website bookmarked and I check it maybe twice a week or so. Anyway, I'm glad you found the site useful, my friend...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Target app is finally fixed and has mobile coupons available to add to Passbook.
They said they update new coupons weekly. Check the My Target tab n the Target app then mobile coupons.
Coupons.com/passbook as mentioned by JMD above is the best for Passbook coupons. New ones every couple of days.
Good Luck

I will reinstall the Target app and test it out. Thank you for the update, my friend...;)

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Does the update mess with what's on the phone currently? Or just adds the new features and leaves the data alone?

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Does the update mess with what's on the phone currently? Or just adds the new features and leaves the data alone?

I just did update on Friday...did a backup thru itunes and selected update and it did rest; did not have to select restore afterwards, just did it!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Im afraid to upgrade ios 6.0.1 since too many complaint about it. Any suggestion?

Just because others have complaints about it does not mean that you will. There are more than enough people here who are not experiencing any issues with iOS 6.0.1 and are glad to have upgraded to it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just because others have complaints about it does not mean that you will. There are more than enough people here who are not experiencing any issues with iOS 6.0.1 and are glad to have upgraded to it.

I will second this as well:) I was getting good battery life on 5.0.1 and was concerned about going to 5.1.1 so I never did. Finally a few wks ago, there were features iOS 6 has that I really wanted, along with a couple of apps. So, I bit the bullet and went for it. I'm VERY HAPPY I have done so!! I really love it�� As for anything acting weird, nothing at all. Everything is running great, and my battery life is the same. I can still go every other day or 2 days before I need to charge��

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else want to run their phone over with a truck?! I'm so tired of it freezing up and not responding or the backlight not working on my phone. URGH.....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else want to run their phone over with a truck?!
Not me. Im thoroughly enjoying my iPhone 4S.
I'm so tired of it freezing up and not responding or the backlight not working on my phone. URGH.....
If you think the problem is hardware related, take it to the nearest Apple Store, if applicable, to have one of the geniuses look at it and possibly exchange it. If you think the problem is iOS-related then take some time to connect your device to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app, backup your device and then select to restore it and set it up as NEW! Doing so has been known to fix a great deal of issues and annoyances.