update to 6.0.1 and weather will not update

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just checked the Apple weather app and you're right, it is not updating. I can't tell you how long it has been that way because I don't use it. I use 3rd party weather apps 98% of the time....:D...There could be a problem with the server/weather station site where it gets the weather information from.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just to put your minds at ease, I'm still on 5.0.1 (yeah yeah I know:p) and because I'm like D I use 3rd party weather apps all the time, I would've never noticed that mine hasn't updated either !! So it's not just an ios6 issue at this point, mines not working either! And idk when it stopped updating either.

So I agree with D, it's gotta be a server issue....which I think is Yahoo. (?)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just checked the Apple weather app and you're right, it is not updating. I can't tell you how long it has been that way because I don't use it. I use 3rd party weather apps 98% of the time....:D...There could be a problem with the server/weather station site where it gets the weather information from.

Coming from BlackBerry World a year ago and doing alot of beta testing along with John Yester for a company out of Germany for their Weather apps and others I have learned that almost all of the time it is the weather station that is down or not reporting. With Apple you cannot choose the station used as we could choose other stations if one was not reporting.

If you do not see any updates soon you might want to try and reload your update from new since you just did it. On the other hand I am having trouble also but like 'D I use 3 other 3rd party apps almost all of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, just to put your minds at ease, I'm still on 5.0.1 (yeah yeah I know:p) and because I'm like D I use 3rd party weather apps all the time, I would've never noticed that mine hasn't updated either !! So it's not just an ios6 issue at this point, mines not working either! And idk when it stopped updating either.

So I agree with D, it's gotta be a server issue....which I think is Yahoo. (?)

Like I mentioned to 'Ds comment, most all of the time if not the server it could also be the weather station who Apple uses or both.

All of my 3rd part weather apps. (3 of them) are all updating on 6.0.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2