I've had this phone for a little under 7 months, updated it to iOS6 a few weeks back, now I get nothing but problems, the phone won't power off, the sounds come and go, so I have long periods where I have no sound at all, it refuses to sync with my itunes, so I cannot back up apps etc and the back light dulls every now and then as well. Can all these problems be linked to the update? I also wondered if this could be a hardware fault on the phone linked to the battery charging port? Most of the time the sound goes while the cable is plugged in, then the sound will magically come back a short while after the cable has been unplugged from the phone. My biggest problem is it not syncing with itunes, iTunes does not even see the phone, but the phone has the charging symbol, so it is charging whilst plugged into the pc, I have tried it on 2 pcs with 3 different cables, have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes, but nothing works, but my ipod syncs fine. Any help would be so appreciated!
    10-30-2012 09:06 AM
    Have you tried putting it in DFU mode, connecting it to your PC, and restoring as new?
    10-30-2012 09:41 AM
    Could it be a bad jack? Looks like the repair isn't that bad if you need a new one. How to replace the dock connector in an iPhone 4S | iMore.com
    10-30-2012 03:20 PM
    Could it be a bad jack? Looks like the repair isn't that bad if you need a new one. How to replace the dock connector in an iPhone 4S | iMore.com
    I think you are getting ahead of yourself and would try what Alli adviced first. The easiest is always the best way before you go into DIY and not even sure if that is it.
    10-30-2012 07:14 PM
    Still under warranty? Make an appointment with genius bar and get a new phone.
    Joe Hartman likes this.
    10-30-2012 08:40 PM
    I think you are getting ahead of yourself and would try what Alli adviced first. The easiest is always the best way before you go into DIY and not even sure if that is it.
    I would agree that Alli's is the first step to go. I was just throwing it out there.
    10-30-2012 11:04 PM
    Have you been able to resolve this? If not, have you tried holding the power and home button down until the apple logo appears, then release. Reboot. If you did get it, what was the solution? Thanks!
    11-12-2012 11:28 AM