No Voicemail Indicator

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
My AT&T iPhone 4s OS 6.0 worked fine until today. The problem is that the voicemail indicator does not indicate when a voicemail is waiting. No badge number, no highlighted icon. I can call in to check my voicemails, and they are there, and the calls that came in show in the Recents list- just no indication that a voicemail is waiting for you. Any ideas? Google didn't turn up anything useful.

spnorton

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine started doing the same thing... Can't tell exactly when it started, last few days I'd say. I followed the instructions in a similar thread on this forum, and reset network settings, but didn't fix the issue. Any chance this is an AT&T issue?

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Could be AT&T. I have an appointment at the Genius Bar tomorrow (Friday)- maybe they'll know. I'll post back.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My AT&T iPhone 4s OS 6.0 worked fine until today. The problem is that the voicemail indicator does not indicate when a voicemail is waiting. No badge number, no highlighted icon. I can call in to check my voicemails, and they are there, and the calls that came in show in the Recents list- just no indication that a voicemail is waiting for you. Any ideas? Google didn't turn up anything useful.

The first thing I would try and also goes for the rest of you in this thread is to try the following. Hold down your Home and Power button at the same time for about 10secs. Ignore the slider to turn off your iPhone and wait until the Apple logo appears and then let go of both buttons. More than likely it is a glitch in your software loading and by doing this once your phone comes back on it will clear your cache, Make sure your IOS id loading right and also defrag anything that needs to be and hopefully fix this issue.

Make a call to your phone from a lnadline and let it go to voicemail or just 2 fast taps on the Power button when ringing will send the call right to voicemail. leave a message and see what happens. Hope all works out and let us know the results. ;)

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Jaguar40,

Your advice is for a novice, but thanks for trying. Anyway, it appears to have fixed itself around 8:15 this morning (Friday), I suddenly got "6 voicemails from yesterday" appearing on my phone. Looks like it was an AT&T problem. The "genius" at the genius bar wasn't. I think I knew more than he did.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Jaguar40,

Your advice is for a novice, but thanks for trying. Anyway, it appears to have fixed itself around 8:15 this morning (Friday), I suddenly got "6 voicemails from yesterday" appearing on my phone. Looks like it was an AT&T problem. The "genius" at the genius bar wasn't. I think I knew more than he did.

My advice is not for a novice thank you very much and this comes from someone with 19 posts and labled a "NEWBIE" so I have nothing else to go by and this is what would be considered general advice. Sorry I took the time to try and assist with your issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2