phone out of space but hardly anything on it??

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

A friend of mine recently got a 4s, probably a month ago, and she can't load hardly anthing on her phone or even upgrade to os 6 because its showing she only has 350mb free on phone? she only has about 1gb of musc loaded and only a few apps.. and thats it and it says she has ussed 15.6 gb of space.. Impossible.

anyone ever hear of this and what can she do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

A friend of mine recently got a 4s, probably a month ago, and she can't load hardly anthing on her phone or even upgrade to os 6 because its showing she only has 350mb free on phone? she only has about 1gb of musc loaded and only a few apps.. and thats it and it says she has ussed 15.6 gb of space.. Impossible.

anyone ever hear of this and what can she do?

Tell your friend to reboot her phone, connect it to iTunes and then have iTunes update her device to iOS 6. That *should* alleviate the problem.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
You can go to settings - general - usage , and see what is taking so much space, if it doesnt help then a restore as new is the way to go

Bengalfan1

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The phone may have saved space for the IOS 6 upgrade. Mine is using about 1.4 GB of memory. I noticed the 1.4 GB memory drop on my phone the day I got the notification to upgrade to IOS 6.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I did go to settings and the things it shows don't even come close to adding up to 15 gb. I think a restore is the way to go. Do I think a restore from a backup will be ok or as new?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did go to settings and the things it shows don't even come close to adding up to 15 gb. I think a restore is the way to go. Do I think a restore from a backup will be ok or as new?

Bengalfan1 hit it on the nail and that is why I recommended that you reboot your device, plug it into your computer, initiate the iTunes app and let it update it for you. By doing it that way, iTunes will download and install a fresh full copy of iOS 6. It will also backup your current data and automatically restore it for you unless you want to restore it as new.

Just Me, D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73