Verizon isn't doing anything about my stolen iPhone5...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, contrary to what I said earlier about Verizon being extremely helpful with my stolen phone (iPhone5 box arrived on 9/21 from FedEx with my receipt and guides and stuff, but no phone), Verizon has told me that there is 'nothing they can do.' The serial number has NOT been activated, so it's lost, not stolen (I guess), so I was told that my claim must go through FedEx (or some other board of cell phone services that I was given the number of). Verizon is saying they did nothing wrong.

I DID buy Asurion insurance (which covers loss/theft) and that is confirmed on my receipt. Can I just go through them? Will they even have an iPhone5 for me (or be able to get one from Apple).

Or should I fight this harder and bring a lawsuit against Verizon or FedEx. Right now I'm out $815 AND my iPhone5 (which I stayed up to pre-order for release day).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Can this be moved to the iPhone5 section? I thought I was posting it there, SORRY!

EDIT2: ... it seems as though when I click on iPhone5 forum I am directed to the iPhone4S section... is this a forum glitch??

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon isn't doing anything about my stolen phone...

Protest the charge with your credit card company on the basis the merchandise was not received.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon isn't doing anything about my stolen phone...

Protest the charge with your credit card company on the basis the merchandise was not received.

Thank you. I have spoken to them already and will go through with telling them to dispute the charge.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow...That's a mess! I'm glad you're disputing the charge. I would also contact Fedex with a complaint. Hopefully, you get your money back soon.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow...That's a mess! I'm glad you're disputing the charge. I would also contact Fedex with a complaint. Hopefully, you get your money back soon.

Thanks. And I have already contacted and filed a complaint with FedEx. Shouldn't the device have been insured with FedEx or Verizon when they sent it originally?

And what about the Asurion? At this point, I just want the device in my hand. And deal with the logistics later (and if they somehow find that I'm at fault and nothing was insured, just bill me again or something - which won't happen considering the serial # on the device wasn't activated at all....)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. And I have already contacted and filed a complaint with FedEx. Shouldn't the device have been insured with FedEx or Verizon when they sent it originally?

And what about the Asurion? At this point, I just want the device in my hand. And deal with the logistics later (and if they somehow find that I'm at fault and nothing was insured, just bill me again or something - which won't happen considering the serial # on the device wasn't activated at all....)

The device should be insured with either Fedex or Verizon.

As far as Asurion goes, I'm not sure if they'll be able to do anything because the device wasn't activated but you can always call & check.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well, contrary to what I said earlier about Verizon being extremely helpful with my stolen phone (iPhone5 box arrived on 9/21 from FedEx with my receipt and guides and stuff, but no phone), Verizon has told me that there is 'nothing they can do.' The serial number has NOT been activated, so it's lost, not stolen (I guess), so I was told that my claim must go through FedEx (or some other board of cell phone services that I was given the number of). Verizon is saying they did nothing wrong.

I DID buy Asurion insurance (which covers loss/theft) and that is confirmed on my receipt. Can I just go through them? Will they even have an iPhone5 for me (or be able to get one from Apple).

Or should I fight this harder and bring a lawsuit against Verizon or FedEx. Right now I'm out $815 AND my iPhone5 (which I stayed up to pre-order for release day).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Can this be moved to the iPhone5 section? I thought I was posting it there, SORRY!

EDIT2: ... it seems as though when I click on iPhone5 forum I am directed to the iPhone4S section... is this a forum glitch??

You are just going to have to face it that the iPhone is gone. I don't know if the insurance you got covers it during shipping so you will need to speak to them. You should also inquire with Verizon/Fedex about what insurance was on the package.

Or, really your best option, as was stated is to dispute the charge with your credit card company. They generally will side with you. Your ammo will be that the phone has not been activated according to Verizon. Then it will be really between your CC company and Verizon.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would dispute the charge as well as not give up with Verizon and or FedEx or both running a business before I had this allot with vendors they try to blame each other and then your the one who gets screwed ... Don't let it go get both Verizon and fed ex managers on one call with you they need to figure it out
You payed for a device and you did not receive what you payed for they can file insurance claims or whatever they need too but that's after they make it right with you

Email CEO of Verizon and FedEx and apple if you need too or go to media sometimes going extreme is only way to get the attention that this issue is serious

Don't use insurance you will pay a deductible and prob get a refurb and don't give you the box or charger Etc

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I would dispute the charge as well as not give up with Verizon and or FedEx or both running a business before I had this allot with vendors they try to blame each other and then your the one who gets screwed ... Don't let it go get both Verizon and fed ex managers on one call with you they need to figure it out
You payed for a device and you did not receive what you payed for they can file insurance claims or whatever they need too but that's after they make it right with you

Email CEO of Verizon and FedEx and apple if you need too or go to media sometimes going extreme is only way to get the attention that this issue is serious

Don't use insurance you will pay a deductible and prob get a refurb and don't give you the box or charger Etc

Thanks. I will definitely continue strongly from this point on.

I wonder if iMore can help haha. They seem to have some great media pull.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I will definitely continue strongly from this point on.

I wonder if iMore can help haha. They seem to have some great media pull.

Im the more mellow one too if it was me I would send my wife in I promise she would come out with a phone and after I told her I paid 800 it would be like unleashing a pack of wolfs on a defenseless deer lol

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the proof from Verizon that it was never activated in writing or just verbally? I would get it in writing in case your credit card company requires it. I think the dispute is your only option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods