Battery life and random rebooting issues

iPhoneandJesusLover

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Ever since I updated to iOS 6 (on the first day it was released), I've had strange battery life and random rebooting issues. Battery life is incredibly short. My mom likes to play fruit ninja and after 20 min; the battery drops like 30 percent. The second issue is random rebooting and bugs. It happened when I opened the camera app to take a photo. When I pressed the shutter button, it respringed/rebooted. Keep in mind, the phone is not jailbroken(obviously, no jailbreak for iOS 6). I'm thinking it might be a hardware issue, but I'm not sure. I've restore twice, once as new and once as a backup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone via iMore forums app

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Ever since I updated to iOS 6 (on the first day it was released), I've had strange battery life and random rebooting issues. Battery life is incredibly short. My mom likes to play fruit ninja and after 20 min; the battery drops like 30 percent. The second issue is random rebooting and bugs. It happened when I opened the camera app to take a photo. When I pressed the shutter button, it respringed/rebooted. Keep in mind, the phone is not jailbroken(obviously, no jailbreak for iOS 6). I'm thinking it might be a hardware issue, but I'm not sure. I've restore twice, once as new and once as a backup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone via iMore forums app

Heres a couple of things you could try also - will they help, maybe. 1) Reset all settings: general/reset/reset all settings.
2) Then, reset network settings via same menu route: general/reset/reset network settings

After you do both of those, your going to have to set all of your ringtones and such again, and for the network, you'll have to re-enter in your wifi info. Maybe throw in a reboot (hold home + on/off till white apple appears-then let go) as well. (i forgot after you reset network settings your phone will reboot itself - sorry!)

Also, here a few more things i thought of that i keep in my notes-

Turn OFF the following:

WiFi: Ask to join networks OFF
Location Services: Go to System Services and turn off iAds, Time Zone and Diagnostics & Usage
Notifications: Turn off what you don't use i.e. Stocks and weather and set to manually
Store: Turn off Auto Downloads
Restrictions: Go to Settings>General>Restrictions (enter password if asked). Turn them on and turn off PING.

Kill your battery until the phone shuts off and charge back to 100% preferably from Wall Charger. Remove from charger let it run down 5-10% and charge it again to 100%

Other than that, i have no other ideas, because you did try the restore as new and restore from back up. If you continue to have a problem, then i'd make an appt and go to the Genius Bar.

good luck!

Last edited:

iPhoneandJesusLover

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi Pink,
I'll definitely test out some of the options suggested. Sorry for the late response, been working all day. If I am still experiencing issues, I will definitely make a Genius Bar appointment.

Thanks a lot.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you're going to make an appointment at the Genius Bar, you might as well do a reset and restore from a backup because, unless it is a hardware issue, that is what they are going to do. Personally, I recommend you restore as new. Yes, it is a pain, but it is worth the time and effort especially when troubleshooting...At least, in my experience.

iPhoneandJesusLover

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Here's a quick update:
The last few days I've been experiencing issues. I had previously heard to check the Usage and Diagnostics. So I was wondering, does this mean anything important?

Thanks!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349655375.109638.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349655375.109638.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 32